Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do I edit the mic level on a HD500

darknesspage

I have the opposite problem.  My mic level is too low.  I'm trying to use my POD HD500 like an audio interface and record a microphone into a DAW (reaper) via usb.  I have the mic connected as aux.  It's a dynamic mic and I connect it with an XLR to 1/4" TS cable.  In my setup I have input 1 as aux.  I choose patch 9A: Mic'd Vocal.  I can adjust the level at two places 1. in the preamp.  2 in the mixer.  I choose the left channel to record on and I've put both the preamp and the mixer left at +12db but the level comes up at around 3/4 level.  Shouldn't it be hitting the max at this point?  I'd like it to boost a little more.  Apart from putting a second preamp into the signal chain what else can I consider.  I'm a noob at this so I assume I'm doing something wrong.

I have the opposite problem.  My mic level is too low.  I'm trying to use my POD HD500 like an audio interface and record a microphone into a DAW (reaper) via usb.  I have the mic connected as aux.  It's a dynamic mic and I connect it with an XLR to 1/4" TS cable.  In my setup I have input 1 as aux.  I choose patch 9A: Mic'd Vocal.  I can adjust the level at two places 1. in the preamp.  2 in the mixer.  I choose the left channel to record on and I've put both the preamp and the mixer left at +12db but the level comes up at around 3/4 level.  Shouldn't it be hitting the max at this point?  I'd like it to boost a little more.  Apart from putting a second preamp into the signal chain what else can I consider.  I'm a noob at this so I assume I'm doing something wrong.

You could try using an EQ and or the Red Comp or even a Boost Comp. I guess 'cause your using the Aux In for the mic your going to need to boost it with something. Try a clean amp even.