#1 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

...Forum?

Hey good folks and powers that be of Line 6. I love the forum! I have learned so much about my new gear and it's sounding better and better each day! All I want to do is play guitar. And for that I say THANK YOU!  

I notice that there is a Variax forum, there is a Pod Hd 500 forum and there is a DT25/50 forum. But no Dream Rig forum. Us Dream Riggers have spent good dough on great gear. Some of us have pieced their rig together over time and still others, like me, just dropped the loot and got it all in one shot. 

Whatever the case may be, we deserve a forum that is specifically DREAM RIG! We deserve a Dream Rig Customtone section that is specifically Dream Rig related.

Unless I am missing something, It doesn't exist. Wait... let me open another tab on my browser and double check. I'll be back in a second....................................................................................Nope, no Dream Rig specific forum or Custometone section. It would be nice to have one because owning each piece individually is one thing, but puttin' it all together deserves a Forum!

Can a brother get an AMEN on that?

#2 hobbes40

hobbes40

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

I'd second that. Would be nice to have a subforum for those of us with the whole Rig. I have uploaded a few patches specifically for the DR into CustomTone. As far as I'm aware, there isn't really a specific spot for DR rigs/patches to be loaded which makes one have to search through everything POD HD compatible to find. Can we get another subforum Line6?

Thanks!

#3 evanteatum

evanteatum

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

I agree - Why Market this as a dream rig and then provide very little support ?  Major weakness in this area - line 6 dropped the ball.  great tones - harsh learning curve.

#4 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

Can I get another Amen from another Dream Rigger? The more vocal we are, the harder it becomes to ignore a pretty simple request.

#5 MWolfkiel

MWolfkiel

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

I'm in

#6 MWolfkiel

MWolfkiel

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Sorry...AMEN

:P 

#7 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Sorry...AMEN

:P

Hee-Hee! 

#8 floyd25

floyd25

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

I'm in.

#9 rlumpkin

rlumpkin

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Those of us with the "daydream rig" (JTV > HD500 > L2t/L3t) would also enjoy such a forum!

#10 jericks97219

jericks97219

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

Amen.

#11 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

So, I've got this incredible new rig. It is the Line 6 flagship amp. It is called the DT50. I have a 2x12 model which is the largest and loudest and most expensive amp combo that Line 6 sells. I also have a Pod HD 500 which is the newest and most powerful and expensive foot controlled fx processor that Line 6 makes. I also have a JTV 69 which is this incredible guitar that can change tunings and change from a Strat to a Les Paul to a Sitar at the flick of a switch. Together, these powerful individual pieces make up what Line 6 markets as  the Dream Rig. With this rig you can change guitars, tunings, amp models and fx on a preset by preset basis.

Guess what it doesn't have?......

A FORUM!!!!!!!!!

WE WANT A FORUM! WE WANT A FORUM! WE WANT A FORUM!

What do we want?...

A FORUM!!!

When do we want it?.....

NOW!

#12 Rewolf48

Rewolf48

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:20 AM

Those of us with the "daydream rig" (JTV > HD500 > L2t/L3t) would also enjoy such a forum!

Can those of us who got their FRFR solution before the Lnt speakers were announced, but needed FRFR over DT for acoustic sounds also join in?

JTV > HD500 > FBT Maxx (or JBL EONnn, or QSC Knn, or ...)

I don't disagree about the Custom Tone area as you need all the components for that to work properly, but on the forum side it will all get fragmented far to easily.  

I think the separate areas for each product works fine and I would expect that if you had this exclusive forum for those with the full dream rig that it might struggle to get momentum due to relatively low numbers of visitors because of the high cost of entry.

Some people chose not to get the DT Amps because we sacrificed the valve perfection on guitar sounds for additional flexibility of being able to use the Acoustic Models, or the Mic inputs, (or auxiliary feeds such as keyboards) into the HD500 without a second amplification system.

#13 Melissiah

Melissiah

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

Yep I want a dedicated forum too, that's the least we can ask after all thoses purchase

My Dream Rig Studio:

http://line6.com/sup...your-dream-rig/

My dream rig presets for now 1.9

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Melissiah.zip

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Shine%20on.zip

#14 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5289 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:08 AM

I'm not saying I don't see the point entirely, but it seems to me that even with the Dream Rig, most of the questions are usually focused on one piece over the others. And really, from a settings standpoint, the vast majority of the tweaking is done in the POD itself. I just think that they probably want to avoid making it too segmented so that there are different forums for every different permutation of product.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#15 thorneven

thorneven

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Location"Upstate" New York

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

I agree with phil_m.  Splitting off into another forum might mean we in this forum miss out on questions about individual components from which we might benefit.  I follow so many forums already that I prefer not to add another one. I'm fine with reading about DR questions in this forum.

JTV59 cherry sunburst / Vetta 2 / Behringer FCB1010

#16 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

I agree with phil_m. Splitting off into another forum might mean we in this forum miss out on questions about individual components from which we might benefit. I follow so many forums already that I prefer not to add another one. I'm fine with reading about DR questions in this forum.

That's a fair argument.

A global search of the forum will get you any info about individual components. So you really won't miss out. I disagree with phil_m on one point. While the vast majority of tweaking is on the pod itself, hooking up the Variax through the Workbench and your Pod and your DT or L2t/L3t is a whole different and unique tweaking ordeal. And because there aren't as many of us Dream Riggers as the rest of the forum participants, it's even more important that we have our own sub forum because I find that getting answers to specific Dream Rig questions difficult. Pod questions are one thing, but pod answers may be completely different when using a Variax and a DT.

I found a great way to double up a single coil and a lipstick pickup in the neck position of a Rickenbacher body.I run them in parallel. I blend the Variax mags with the Rickenbacher using the exp2. In the pod, I use a Gibtone amp full. But I switch the the A/B to A and switch to Triode instead of pentode. All through the VDI, which I had made for me by a guy at my local computer store. It cost me a lot less than the Line 6 and I got it in a custom length and color. I digress, I also connect a 1/4 inch out of the Variax into another amp just because I can. I find that the Variax pickups can be a bit thin sounding on their own, so I assign the gain of the Gibtone to the tone knob of the Variax. I can roll up warmth when I need it. Also, turn down the master dep on the Gibtone, roll up the volume on the lipstick pickup and set the volume pot control @ 250. It's pretty sweet. I have a whole bank set up with this patch. Patch "A" is set to an open G tuning, patch "B" is set to an open blah blah tuning..... You get the point. I really want to share my findings with this set up. I want to share my tones.....

But...

Where do I post this?

If you don't have a Variax, my pickup choices are meaningless to you. If you don't have a DT, who cares if I stick my Pentode up my A/B and out my Triode. Who cares about changing turnings on a preset basis if you ain't rockin the The Dream Rig?

Yes, I am talking about individual components, so I guess I could post my Variax stuff on the Variax forum and my DT stuff on the DT forum and my pod stuff on the pod forum. Or we can have a Dream Rig sub forum where all Pod, DT, and Variax questions are asked and answered under the common understanding that we are talking about The Dream Rig and what works well for that particular setup.

Can I get an AMEN!?!

#17 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5289 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

There is a "Share Your Settings" sub-forum: http://line6.com/sup...-your-settings/

If anything, I could possibly see sub-forums in there.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#18 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

There is a "Share Your Settings" sub-forum: http://line6.com/sup...-your-settings/

If anything, I could possibly see sub-forums in there.

That may be a good start.Ultimately, The Dream Rig should have it's own community support heading. 

#19 mrzwo

mrzwo

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

Amen I'm in for forum and custom tones

#20 snhirsch

snhirsch

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBurlington, VT USA

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Seconded.  Very happy with the QSC K10, but would be great to talk with others.

Can those of us who got their FRFR solution before the Lnt speakers were announced, but needed FRFR over DT for acoustic sounds also join in?

JTV > HD500 > FBT Maxx (or JBL EONnn, or QSC Knn, or ...)

40 years of Rock-n-Roll and proud of it!

PRS Custom 24 (1990) w/ GK-3 Hex PU

James Tyler Variax JTV-69(k) w/ Strat Neck

Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth

QSC K10 FRFR

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dream rig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users