#1 Sakaniator

Sakaniator

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Greetings all, let's see if I can explain my problem correctly: 

I got a used POD HD500 recently and noticed a problem, well, at least i think this is an issue: I like to plug a mobile or tablet in the p2 aux in to play along. The thing is, when I stop the music in the mobile, it seems the POD turns off the connection to the phone or the tablet, then I have to unplug and plug it again so I can continue playing, quite an anoying thing...

Does someone know how to solve this? 

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11516 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

I can't answer your question directly, but..... why are you not using the cd/mp3 input on the HD500? It is designed for this purpose. Maybe things will work better that way?

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 Sakaniator

Sakaniator

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Well, actually, my mistake: im referring to the CD/mp3 input. It is called Aux in other gear. But anyways, this is the problem, the thing seems not to be working properly  :(

#4 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11516 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

Never heard of that happening, and can't imagine how it could. The HD500 passes its incoming cd/mp3 analog signal directly to the outputs; the signal does not go through the signal chain inside the HD500. In fact it doesn't even get converted to digital. As far as I understand it,this signal is simply a hardware connection inside the HD500. Can't explain how the HD500 could suddenly turn the incoming signal off after it's already working.

I would double check the operation of your mobile/tablet. Maybe it stops sending?

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#5 pfsmith0

pfsmith0

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

Yep, the cd/mp3 passes directly to the output thru analog amps/attenuators. No digital processing whatsoever.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod hd500, aux, problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users