Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G50 crackling

dpplayer

Hello everyone,

i am violin player and using G50 wireless system.Everything was fine but now i have a small weird problem....if i plug violin (Barbera pickup)to  G50 wireless system i get some crackling noise on E strings in background.In first place i thought it was  problem too hot  preamp or pickup but no,if i plug pickup straight to sound card crackling disappear.
First part of recording is PU trough preamp to G50,second without preamp straight to transmitter  and third- pickup straight to sound card.
 Thx in advance!
Regards.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85893160/Barbera%20crackling%20-%20Output%20-%20MR816X%20Out-1_2.wav

Coincidently, I usually have an Electric Violin with a Barbera pickup as part of the band that I run sound for on a regular basis, and I plug it in to channel 7.  He goes through some effects pedals and a DI though; I do recommend trying a DI as well.

Coincidently, I usually have an Electric Violin with a Barbera pickup as part of the band that I run sound for on a regular basis, and I plug it in to channel 7.  He goes through some effects pedals and a DI though; I do recommend trying a DI as well.

Thx,all other channels are ok except 7 but anyway i planning to add probably Headway EDB .Still happy with G50,i wish to see from Line6  something small /compact, like  Samson Airline guitar jack .It will be very useful for violin players.

Regards

Still happy with G50,i wish to see from Line6  something small /compact, like  Samson Airline guitar jack .It will be very useful for violin players.

Agreed. What He's ended up doing (and I've actually adopted for my own violin) is industrial strength velcro on the bottom of the violin and on the belt pack.  Note we both use full-electric violins so no big hollow resonance chambers.