Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best channel strip setting for a bass cajon?

Hi all,

I´m just experimenting with the best channel strip Setting for my bass cajon. Just imagine my bass cajon is a double sized cajon mounted to a plate and played with a special foot pedal like a bass drum.

Right now I placed a bass drum Micro (Shure pg52) on a stand in front of the other side of the cajon just like you would do with a normal bass drum. I´m using the Country bass drum channel strip.

Somehow I don´t feel like I´m getting the kick I would like to have.

Has anyone suggestions on how I can improve the sound? Maybe by using the Cajon preset instead of a bass drum one or placing the mic right at the foot pedal side pointing it to the Point where the pedal hits the cajon? I don´t Need the high slap Sound because I use two cajons (devided to the bass cajon played by foot and a Cajinto used like a snare (where I´m satisfied with the Sound using a snare preset, just not satisfied with the tbone CD35 mic (cheapest you can get out there :)), have to replace it soon also to a shure, maybe pg56 or SM57)