Photo

Is It Possible To Install The New Floyd Rose System On My Current Jtv-89?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bazworld

bazworld

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Is it possible to install the new Floyd Rose system on my current JTV-89?

#2 Rewolf48

Rewolf48

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

Technically - Maybe, Practically - No

To fit the Floyd will require you routing out cavities into the body of your 89, Drilling new holes, filling in others, and using new components that I am pretty sure are not available commercially.  Fitting a FR on a normal guitar isn't so bad, but this isn't a normal FR and it isn't a normal guitart. You might also need to move some of the existing bits around such as the main CPU.

If you are a good luthier, and can get the necessary parts then probably yes you can install it. But if you were a good luthier you wouldn't be asking this question.

I would say that the required modifications unless done by an expert will simply destroy the value of the instrument and will invalidate your warranty.

See if a retailer will let you exchange you current guitar for an F.  It is the only sensible option.

#3 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5512 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

It would probably be easier and more economical to sell your current JTV89 and put those funds towards and 89F.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#4 bazworld

bazworld

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

Thanks for your help looks like I will be doing a deal on a new  89F soon ,cheers Baz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users