Photo

Pod x3 pro with boss rc3 loop station through fx loop PROBLEM!

loop pod x3 pro boss rc3

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 doopnap

doopnap

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

Hey, new member and first time poster! just wondering if someone could help me out. i tried searching through the forums and around google but i cant find anything that really applys to me and what im expierencing so i thought id start something new. I recently bought a boss rc3 loop station since i wanted to add a few layers with different effects on each layer to my playing. i understand i need to run the rc3 into my FX loop of my pod x3 pro in order to do this. heres the problem. The loops i record sound quiet  (so quiet its hard to hear, even if the volume on the pedal is all the way up) and if i try playing with the settings in the loop block so i can actually hear it, the sound gets very distorted and even effects the way my original guitar tone sounds. do i have something plugged in wrong?. would there be other setting within the pod id have to mess with?  im running my Pod X3 Pro with a carvin dcml1000 power amp into my guitar cab. I ran the rc3 infront of my pod just to make sure the pedal was working fine and sure enough it does. the volume i loop at is the same upon playback everything sounds good, but now obviously the problem is everytime i change effects the loop also changes. this is why i need to get it through the fx loop! any help would much be appreiciated!!

#2 BillBee

BillBee

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLivonia, Michigan

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Hey there and welcome to the board my man.

I use a Digitech Jamman and I had to play with the input level (for recording the loop - without clipping) and the output to get a level that was loud enough (in balance to the MFX output. I always ran it at the tail of the chain so its signal wouldn't be coloring (inputed/inserted) to any upstream fx creating unwanted havoc.

I know its not specifically for your setup but give it a run at the end of chain.

-B

#3 doopnap

doopnap

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

Alright I'll try playing around with that when I get home from work! Thanks a lot!

#4 doopnap

doopnap

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

all i could figure out was to run the loop station in between the pod x3 pro and my power amp. i could not get it to run through the fx loop what so ever.

#5 BillBee

BillBee

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLivonia, Michigan

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

Sorry my man I don't have an X3 Pro - but it should work in the loop - you might have to dig into the manual and look for the settings of the FX loop. Should be an easy search, as the 4 Cable method uses the FX loop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users