#1 RobHowdle

RobHowdle

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationDarlington

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Hello! Fairly new to the forum in the sense of posting. I am expecting a few people to be a bit shocked as my amp is rather old. I bought a Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt quite a few years ago, been my main amp both for gigs and just for jamming about with, never had a fault with it. Just been playing through it and I have my foot pedal plugged into it (the one it came with) and went to tune my guitar, tuned it, then tapped one of the channel buttons on my pedal and I have 3 metal settings and one clean and no matter which one I pressed they were all clean. I was a bit confused at this. I then turned off my amp and turned it back on and attached is a picture of what the display is coming up with constantly. Not doing anything no sound, no buttons are flashing and there isn't anything I can do with it. I'm tight on cash and just wondering are there any fixes for this problem or is it worth just saving for a new amp? 

Like I said I've had it for quite a few years and not had a problem with it.

Many Thanks

Even more thanks for quick replies hehehe

Rob

Attached Files

#2 radatats

radatats

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1036 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

unfortunately I can't give you any kind of quick advice here.  I don't think that model is reflashable so whatever cooked is going to have to be looked at by a tech somewhere.  If you can get a good shop to give you an estimate, fine.  Probably time to get something newer for similar money to what you will pay for a repair...

Try resetting by holding down the A button while powering on but I don't think it will do it for you...

Picture4.png

#3 jdhoov

jdhoov

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:45 PM

Did everyone that own a Line 6 Spider III just die?

When I bought the same amp, this forum was thriving. Moreso than it is now. You would log on and there would be pages of settings for particular songs/bands. Tech support was constant. A very thriving forum. I doubt all those people just forgot what their amps did, or went away?

The error you show was the most common problem with the III and given the popularity of the amp, was talked about quite often.

Here's the simple fix, or bad news...

Turn the amp off. Hold down the Channel A button and turn it back on. This will reset the systems electronics/computer. If it doesn't work. Your amp is dead.

If you're somewhat electrically inclined, you can remove the cover plates and see if there's a loose connection on a ribbon cable. But... I don't remember many coming back from the black boxes, if the initial reset didn't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users