Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M9 w/two expression pedals

schudude

I have an M9 and am considering using it to replace my current delay unit.  I like how I can use an expression pedal to control the Mix of the delay effect.  I'd like to use another expression pedal (using the 2nd exp pedal input) to control the Feedback parameter (i.e. number of repeats) of my delay effect.  

However, in looking over the unit and the user's manual, it appears that this is not possible.  It seems that I can't have the two expression pedals each controlling a different parameter (Exp Pedal 1 -> Mix and Exp Pedal 2 -> Feedback) on the same delay effect.  Seems like this would be a reasonable capability to expect on the M9.

Please let me know if I'm missing something....or, if indeed, this is a limitation of the M5/M9/M13 series.

Thanks,

Paul

no, one of the features of the M Series is the ability to control FX by expression pedal.  You can control multiple FX with one pedal but not one FX with both pedals.  You have to assign each FX to one pedal however so the two pedals will control different effects.

If you upgrade to the HD500X you can use two pedals and assign up to 50 different parameters to each pedal totally independent of which FX they come from.