Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 300 needing basic tips

stetaglio

Hi all!

Just got a POD HD 300 and i'm trying to figure out how to solve a couple of issues I'm having.

I've readed the manual,first :)

1 ) Volume pedal.

If I switch to a preset to another,and the latter has expression pedal assigned to volume control,is there a way to have a fixed volume till i move the pedal?

I mean,I'm having problem switching for presset D that has wah to preset B that has volume pedal.If pedal si "closed" I have obviously low volume when switching to B,because of B having expression pedal set to control volume.Is there a way to work it?Maybe this is a stupid question,but after reading the manual I can't fix it.Maybe I need more sleep :) ?

2 ) Visualize amp setting.

Is there a way to visualize settings(drive,bass,middle,ch vol...) without moving one of the knobs?Because when I turn a knob,i obviously change the value.

Thank you

• Downvote 1

Hi all!

Just got a POD HD 300 and i'm trying to figure out how to solve a couple of issues I'm having.

I've readed the manual,first :)

1 ) Volume pedal.

If I switch to a preset to another,and the latter has expression pedal assigned to volume control,is there a way to have a fixed volume till i move the pedal?

I mean,I'm having problem switching for presset D that has wah to preset B that has volume pedal.If pedal si "closed" I have obviously low volume when switching to B,because of B having expression pedal set to control volume.Is there a way to work it?Maybe this is a stupid question,but after reading the manual I can't fix it.Maybe I need more sleep :) ?

2 ) Visualize amp setting.

Is there a way to visualize settings(drive,bass,middle,ch vol...) without moving one of the knobs?Because when I turn a knob,i obviously change the value.

Thank you

Try assigning the channel volume parameter of the amp to the expression pedal. Set the maximum value to the value of your channel volume and minimum 0%. I really just use the volume pedal effect on my swells patch. My normal patches (clean, crunch, overdrive) has the channel volume mapped to the EXP2.

Whenever I switch presets, the volume is unaffected till I move the expression pedal - just like the amp parameters of your patches stay the same until you move the knobs on the unit.

EDIT : well, I really don't know if this is possible on the HD300. I have the 500X and that tip works like a charm.

Whenever I switch presets, the volume is unaffected till I move the expression pedal -

This is what i was expecting.But maybe I made some mistakes.

Amp Parameters: yes they stay the same till I move them,but I can see the values only when I move one knob,and while I'm moving it I'm changing the value.Is there a way to visualize the parameters settings without touching the knobs?I mean before touching it at least.

Thank you for answering me,and be patient for my grammar,english isn't my native language. :)

This is what i was expecting.But maybe I made some mistakes.

Amp Parameters: yes they stay the same till I move them,but I can see the values only when I move one knob,and while I'm moving it I'm changing the value.Is there a way to visualize the parameters settings without touching the knobs?I mean before touching it at least.

Thank you for answering me,and be patient for my grammar,english isn't my native language. :)

Your English is fine. It's not my native language too. You're OK, as long as people understand what you are saying.

Well for that matter, I suggest you use the POD HD Edit application. I really don't like to do a long tweaking session with my POD using the controls on the unit itself and looking on the tiny LCD display. I prefer to create my patches with the POD HD Edit.

You're right,but I already made my personal patches.

I'm "fine tweaking" during rehearsals with my band.I mean,a little bit more bass here,less drive there...things like these.

So that's why I'd prefer to see what's for example the drive value before moving the knob,because maybe I need to set the parameter a little bit more or less.

But I'll do some more experiments.

Thanks

Nope, when you go to a new patch the display won't update the new settings until something changes. Kinda stinks, doesn't it?

Oh,f&$k!!

I agree with you,why someone didn't think at this?

I mean,it's like you have to tweak your real amp but blinfolded,you have to remember what was the setting or you're in trouble.