Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Important Features Rarely Discussed?

TheBunn

Some thoughts that I never run across on here. I'm thinking to submit to Idea Scale but wonder if anybody even cares about this stuff. It all seems great to me, but I am only one. Any feedback?

1. Interface

A touch screen interface might be sweet. Ditch most knobs other than 2 channel levels, and a master level output knob.  Incorporate the parameter and control philosophy currently found in the Amplifi iOS remote control directly into the unit

2. Amp & Cab Blocks

Separate them. Give the cabs their own block, and incorporate a super transparent, post mic, 4 band parametric EQ with parameters in Hz and dB.

3. Thru Patching (between Amp and Cab blocks)

A - Allow the amp block to patch out to power amp & live cab, while still feeding the cab sim for a line out to FOH / recording input.

B - Allow a real life tube amp to be patched into the cab block with load correction to play "real" amps through the cab sims.

4. Metering Block

A block that can be placed into any point of the chain to monitor in / out between blocks. Not to stay live in the chain, just for technical monitoring / parameter adjustment.

Obviously, as many have discussed; more amp models (bass especially), higher fidelity / better dynamics in all of the models, and an IR loader should be standard.

I own a HD Pro, have used it for tons and tons of gigs as both a guitar and bass player. As well I have tracked heaps of records with it. I will probably never go back to the traditional amp system. Through using this unit It has shown amazing promise, but it for sure needs to evolve.

That's all for now

Cheers

Scott

MyHD.jpg

Other than #1, which is an incredibly bad idea, I agree with these.

Touch screens are great, and a lot of fun to work with, but there are all kinds of issues that would make it bad on a floor model. And, remote control would also be prone to issues that many folks would not have the skill to deal with.

• Upvote 3

Or instead of a meter, just an overload indicator would be enough for me.

Also, change the SPDIF output to TOSLINK. The optical link would go a long ways toward addressing many of the grounding issues people deal with.

Finally, I'd like the tuner to be assignable to the AUX or MIC inputs (as well as GUITAR). I plug other instruments into those.

"Finally, I'd like the tuner to be assignable to the AUX or MIC inputs (as well as GUITAR). I plug other instruments into those."

Tuner is linked to Input 1 so can be assigned to any of these, so I assume you have Input 1 linked to Guitar only.

It would be nice however if you could configure it to work on 1, 2 or both.

• Upvote 1

POD cannot display values in HZ ?  I could understand if the code would need a lot of expensive rewriting and regression testing for this.  But I'm sure the POD is capable.  However, no matter what the reason, it's good to know that this feature won't be available in the POD.  Thanks, DI.

POD cannot display values in HZ ?  I could understand if the code would need a lot of expensive rewriting and regression testing for this.  But I'm sure the POD is capable.  However, no matter what the reason, it's good to know that this feature won't be available in the POD.  Thanks, DI.

It deals with how the DSP and MCU communicate, and although nothing's impossible, the amount of architecture rewriting (and subsequent testing) would preclude a lot of other cool stuff.

• Upvote 2

Thanks again DI for the response.  That's a better explanation than I could have asked for and I'm very appreciative.  It's still on my wish list just because EQ has a large effect on tone.  The PODHD has ways to get us there, just in a different fashion.