Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro Doesn't Turn On !

Apare

Hi,

I tried to record vocals with the Pod HD Pro using the Pod HD Pro Edit software.
The problem is, the whole system bugged, and asked me to reset the whole device.
So I turned the Pod off.
Now when I turned it on, the little screen of the Pod shows the "Line 6" but won't get to the main menu, (as on the video linked below.)

I tried to turn the machine off and on again at least 10 times...

What the hell can I do ? I'm going on tour in a week. I need the Pod for the shows, and I have some recordings to do with the Pod...

Is there a way to fix this without losing all my presets ?
Is there a way to fix this at all ?

I love my Pod HD Pro, it would really lollipop me off to have to buy a new machine...

• Downvote 1

Hi,

I tried to record vocals with the Pod HD Pro using the Pod HD Pro Edit software...

Hopefully TheRealZap's suggestion will restore the device to sanity. In terms of why this happened, I suspect it has to do with running HD Pro Edit while also running your recording program. It is likely that the HD Pro device got confused by trying to respond to two different programs over the USB connection.

• Upvote 2

• 10 months later...

hold the direction key to the left and power on, should do the trick (and not erase your presets)

Show in less than 10 hours and this happened to me too. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I was losing it. And to confirm silverheads comment, it appears that my recording program, in this case Logic, was the culprit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

hold the direction key to the left and power on, should do the trick (and not erase your presets)

I am having the same problem with the Line 6 screen coming up and then recycling but never booting up all the way.

Holding down the direction key to the left and powering on didn't do anything for me. I tried all of the direction buttons one at a time.  The only one that did anything was holding the down button and powering on.  This displayed "Update Flash" screen. 

I have my POD HD Pro X plugged into my PC but it does not recognize that it is plugged in.  It is NOT a driver is issue. The issue is that the unit isn't coming on.

I called one of the local local "Line 6 service centers" and they asked me about 30 question about the unit as if they had no idea what it even was.  They wanted 75 dollars up front to even look at it.  I'd rather save my money since they don't even know what a POD HD Pro X rack unit is to begin with.

I tried to hook up the POD to my PC via midi (like I use to be able to with older model POD's) but the line 6 monkey doesn't have a midi connection option for POD HD Pro X in the menu.

Are there ANY other ideas I can try to fix this myself?  I am pretty IT savy, been working in the IT industry for 12 years.

only thing i might suggest is to disconnect EVERYTHING except for the power... including any guitar variax usb speakers midi etc etc etc EVERYTHING.....

then try power on while holding direction pad left.

if that doesnt fix it.... and you still want to try again... remove the plug overnight to allow any static charge etc in the unit to bleed off....

beyond that, you may need service.

The power supply is internal, I've tried several different power cables and outlets.

With one of those sampling switch transformers you can check the voltages on a volt meter or have someone

check it for you. If under warranty still then support ticket. Or support ticket either way

• 3 months later...

Hi my pod also doesn’t boot, I have tried the left directional button etc but never worked also I’ve checked cables plugged everything out etc but nothing. I see lots of other guitarists have had the same fault has anyone ever resolved this issue please. What’s the best thing to do? Thank you in advance