Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best versitile clean funk tone?

xxxsoundxxx

I have a POD HD desktop and a Line 6 spider 4 -75 combo. I like the combo a lot. last night I used it for a 3,000+ head  outdoor live show and it worked great. I am not too crazy about the distortion tones from that amp (and belive me I have tweeked everything.) But the clean & crunch tones I use on it are perfect and almost unbeatable by any amp I have ever tried. I use the HIwatt Clean green with drive cranked for crunch & country and the same program with reduced drive for funk/disco jangling. Very springy through my telecaster i can get everything from bruno mars/james brown to an amazingly accurate AC/DC with this. Funny how to me the best crunch tome from this amp comes from the "clean" model.

Bought a POD HD because unlike the Spider 4 I like the distortion sounds on it. Problem is I cannot find a tone that I can have versitile  jangly clean and turn up the drive for an awesome AC/DC-Country like the amazing Spider 4 clean green amp did.

Pod HD has a Hiwatt in it too but it doesn't sound anything like my favorite sound. What amp models would you guys suggest for funk/disco cleans? If you know what the clean green on a spider 4 sounds like, that's what i am looking for. (it is compressed perfect on it's own IMO)

I like the Soldano Clean model...Probably my favorite clean model out of the bunch...Another one I like a lot for some cleans is the Park 75 model...That one will do perfect AC/DC tone also, but might a little push depending on the guitar as it is a low gain amp model...

I'm going to try them now. I noticed that the park has a lot more gain available than soldano clean.  I want to find a amp model that I can use for clean & crunch (like the aforementioned hiwatt green). Soldano clean on its own isn't enough crunch and going to the chrunch channel seems to alter the tone. The park has my hopes so far of achiving this. The bassman might work also.  The basic tone I am going after is maybe like Romantics "what I like" type.