Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reason 8 and POD Farm...

Hi people,

I'm a happy user of POD Farm along with Reason but, since the latest announcement of Reason 8, it seems the Line 6 partnership is on its way out and Softube are on the way in. I've never used Softube stuff and really don't want to have to make the move over.

I was wondering if Line 6 were considering making some sort of Rack Extension for us POD Farm users so we can continue using the sounds we've made over the years in the program?

I apologise if this has been mentioned before. I did a quick search and nothing came up.

Kenny :)

PS - I'm also hoping Toontrack make one for EZ Drummer 2 but why I'm mentioning this here I don't know ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

With the new guitar amps coming in Reason 8, what happens with the Line 6 amps?

In addition to the new guitar and bass amp devices introduced in Reason 8 and Reason Essentials 8, the Line 6 Guitar and Bass devices are still available. Please Note: In order to support future product development, the Line 6 guitar and bass amp devices will no longer be available in the Reason rack by October 2016. In order to prevent any future compatibility issues, Propellerhead recommends that you render to audio any tracks that use the Line 6 devices. Alternative amp models will be available in Reason 8 and later.

• 9 months later...

I'm using Reason, got very attached to the Line 6 guitar amp, and specifically its 2001 tread plate dual patch...

I heard about Line 6 leaving reason in less than a year and am frantically looking for a solution because of rumors that the Line 6 amp could simply vanish from existence???

Could anyone please shed light on this matter, I'm concerned and I'm sure many others would be too if they knew this were happening.

IF -god forbid- the Line 6 amp is truly going to simply disappear in October 2016, does anyone have advice as to how I can get the 2001 treadplate dual back in reason, hopefully without having to pay money. (I've looked at pod farm and pod studio etc, first I'm not sure that would run with reason, second why am I compelled to pay more money when I've already purchased a DAW that supposedly features this amp!)

I've suggested on Line 6's Ideascale to provide their beloved guitar amp as a Rack Extension but it doesn't seem like that will get any attention, either people don't care, or they are unaware of the situation.

please help

I'm using Reason, got very attached to the Line 6 guitar amp, and specifically its 2001 tread plate dual patch...

I heard about Line 6 leaving reason in less than a year and am frantically looking for a solution because of rumors that the Line 6 amp could simply vanish from existence???

Could anyone please shed light on this matter, I'm concerned and I'm sure many others would be too if they knew this were happening.

IF -god forbid- the Line 6 amp is truly going to simply disappear in October 2016, does anyone have advice as to how I can get the 2001 treadplate dual back in reason, hopefully without having to pay money. (I've looked at pod farm and pod studio etc, first I'm not sure that would run with reason, second why am I compelled to pay more money when I've already purchased a DAW that supposedly features this amp!)

I've suggested on Line 6's Ideascale to provide their beloved guitar amp as a Rack Extension but it doesn't seem like that will get any attention, either people don't care, or they are unaware of the situation.

please help

You can always use Reason 8 and below to get the Line6 amps.  They will only disappear, or rather NOT appear in versions of Reason after October 2016.  The Softube amps are pretty good actually, and Kuassa makes pretty good amps as well so you will be able to get quality guitar amp emulations still in Reason.  I use Softube's amps, along with Vermillion, Creme and Cerberus (Kuassa's Rack Extensions) along with Line 6 all the time myself.  They all have their place IMHO.  The thing for me about Line 6 amps is that I also have the POD Farm Plat which means I get ALL of those amps available in Reason (and SONAR).  Hope this helps.

You can always use Reason 8 and below to get the Line6 amps.  They will only disappear, or rather NOT appear in versions of Reason after October 2016.  The Softube amps are pretty good actually, and Kuassa makes pretty good amps as well so you will be able to get quality guitar amp emulations still in Reason.  I use Softube's amps, along with Vermillion, Creme and Cerberus (Kuassa's Rack Extensions) along with Line 6 all the time myself.  They all have their place IMHO.  The thing for me about Line 6 amps is that I also have the POD Farm Plat which means I get ALL of those amps available in Reason (and SONAR).  Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for this post I really appreciated it. It is GREAT to know that the Line 6 amp wont be going anywhere and I'd still be able to use it in reason 8 after October 2016.

Don't get me wrong, I really like softube and kuassa's amps I think they are awesome, but I'm simply in love with the result I am getting with Line 6.

So, would pod farm still work for reason releases later than version 8? Because for Reason 9 and above, I am considering the POD Studio GX, and I read that it comes with POD Farm 2.5 standard. I know there's a mesa boogie amp model on there but do you know if it is the 2001 treadplate dual or just an earlier model? I know 2001 exists on the 2.5 Platinum but its not clear whether its provided with the standard farm.

Thanks again for your post really made mu day!

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much for this post I really appreciated it. It is GREAT to know that the Line 6 amp wont be going anywhere and I'd still be able to use it in reason 8 after October 2016.

Don't get me wrong, I really like softube and kuassa's amps I think they are awesome, but I'm simply in love with the result I am getting with Line 6.

So, would pod farm still work for reason releases later than version 8? Because for Reason 9 and above, I am considering the POD Studio GX, and I read that it comes with POD Farm 2.5 standard. I know there's a mesa boogie amp model on there but do you know if it is the 2001 treadplate dual or just an earlier model? I know 2001 exists on the 2.5 Platinum but its not clear whether its provided with the standard farm.

Thanks again for your post really made mu day!

I doubt you'd be able to use Line 6 amps in Reason 9 and beyond.  That is what they meant by saying "wouldn't be available beyond October 2016" in my view.  I am making the transition to SONAR Platinum now and honestly for a guitarist, it is a better fit IMHO.  I still LIKE Reason a lot and it is a joy to use, but I get that "rowboat in the ocean" feeling from the Propellerheads these days as I try to figure out what they're about.

• 3 months later...

The solution that I am using for this is to rewire reason into another DAW (Reaper). Wire the guitar input from Reason into a Track inside reaper (there are youtube videos that show you how, it is very simple) and than use the POD farm VST to get any licensed amp/sound.

You can still do all your work inside reason. When you are happy, make a guitar stem from reaper and bring it into reason, right before the final mix (again this is very simple).

An added benefit is that you can use Markers inside reaper to get to any place in the song quickly with one key stroke, makes navigating to a "solo" or "Verse" a piece of cake.