Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Desktop + Powerblock HF dampening?

xxxsoundxxx

My HD Bean/Crate powerblock amp in/Celestion V30 openback cab.  I think we all know by now that the cab sims on the powerblock are not in when using the back jacks as confirmed by Crate staff. (was a misprint).

Every thing sounds very top end dampened and closed 4 blankets over. I have tried every out put option and combo/poweramp is the best but still 4 blankets.  I was able to tweek a patch OK by using a post EQ but that just doesn't seem right to have to do something just seems set wrong but I just don't know what it could be. Direct the thing sounds fine,into a tube amp power section sounds pretty good and standalone the powerblock sounds fine also.

I know there are a lot of people that have tried the powerblock-What do I need to do? Post EQ? or is there some other overall master brightness I am not finding. My input impedance is set to auto but all amps seem to have the same problem.

Wow, sorry to hear of your maladies.

There is hope, it can be done. ;)

I've used the POD LIVE XT and now the HD500 with my power block many times and I've never had issues.

Like you, I also plug from the HD500 outs into the back (R & L) of the P/B and control the volume with my 'master' volume on the HD500.

My cabinet is a Peavey 4 - 12" with Celestions. It's not dull or too bright but just right.

I've downloaded many presets from CustomTone and although they may not sound great, they should give you a 'starting point' to tweak to your desire.

Also, I always keep both of my PODs output selected to "Output PA". At church I run into a PA via the left out XLR, at home (or gigs) into my P/B and into my audio interface for recording.

:rolleyes: I'm pretty sure i figured out the problem. The cab I was running into is a 16ohm vintage 30. When I ran into a 8ohm cannibis rex it sounded way better. Normally with my amps a mismatch like that wouldn't produce such extreme results but that powerblock must be picky.