31 replies to this topic

#1 GazzaBloom

GazzaBloom

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

It's been a few years now since the HD500 and the slight revamp in the 500X with no further amp/pedal models being released. I would imagine that a next generation range of equipment must be in the pipeline to replace the HD series to meet the higher end of the market than Amplifi is aimed at.

I wonder what we'll see? What is the future of the DT amplifier range and will there continue to be L6 Link connectivity with any new range of high end multi fx devices?

I'm not sure I like the iOS Bluetooth editing of the Amplifi mainly because the interface in the app looks awful to me with slider bars for adjustment so I really hope we're not in for a range of Amplifi Pro products.

I think the PODHD/DT package is so complete that it's hard to imagine a range that will be different enough with new desirable features to tempt me to upgrade.

Gazza

#2 Digital_Igloo

Digital_Igloo

Line 6 Staff

• Product Management
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalabasas, CA

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

I would imagine that a next generation range of equipment must be in the pipeline to replace the HD series to meet the higher end of the market than Amplifi is aimed at.

Can't talk about what we're working on, but it must be stressed that yes, AMPLIFi and POD HD are indeed two different lines, developed separately, for two different sections of the market. That said, POD HD isn't going away anytime soon—she's got plenty of life left in her.

I think the PODHD/DT package is so complete that it's hard to imagine a range that will be different enough with new desirable features to tempt me to upgrade.

Challenge accepted!  :D

Product Manager | Line 6

#3 daedae

daedae

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

POD HD isn't going away anytime soon—she's got plenty of life left in her.

...aaaaand cue/resume the speculation that new firmware with new amps and/or effects will appear at some point.

#4 joel_brown

joel_brown

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

Noooooo, please no more long drawn out speculation threads...........  The only fact we have is the PODHD isn't going away and has plenty of life.  That's good enough for me, thanks DI.

#5 GazzaBloom

GazzaBloom

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

POD HD isn't going away anytime soon—she's got plenty of life left in her.

Well thats great to hear. Just a few tweaks needed from me: 

• HD Edit - on screen tuner functionality required (like Gearbox used to have) and general interface refresh with better, more intuitive control of the FX parameters, especially the EQs, I need to see an EQ shape/curve with preferably some sliders to tweak.
  • PODHD500X - a Blues Junior and Dr Z Maz 18 amp models
  • PODHD500X - some more modern overdrives modelled such as Tim/OCD etc, a better emulation of the EH Memory Man Analog Delay, An EH Electric Mistress Flanger and BOSS BF-2 Flanger perhaps

#6 Shaamaan

Shaamaan

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:47 AM

As a newbie guitarist, I'd like a metronome in my POD... But than again, I can use so many other things to replace it with. But THAN AGAIN, if it's easy, shouldn't it be there already?

OK, I'll shut up now. :P

#7 bjnette

bjnette

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:29 AM

I can't see it being superseded for quite a while.

Other than a more powerfull DSP version then the X version. That could be on the cards.

#8 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:09 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they launched a new line a level above the current X series. It would be the next generation of their modeling strictly targeting the pro level (with respect to it's form and function and not the users ability).

They have the Amplifi line which is entry level, the Pod HD500X which would be intermediary and then you would have the pro level, possibly the 1000X targeting the AxeFx crowd. Next generation of modeling, ins and outs galore, marketplace, possibly dual DSP, etc. It will probably sell for $1000 as well. They would then have something for everyone and every budget.

I don't mean to start a rumor or speculation, but comments on various forums insinuating that the HD500X has a lot of life left and that something is coming for the "pro" leads me to believe that a new line may be launched. Also, how long can Line 6 put up with the "Yea, but the AxeFx" stuff that's posted regularly. I think Line 6 is a fighting' bunch and loves a challenge, they got something coming, the gloves are off.

#9 joel_brown

joel_brown

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

Where have you heard that something is coming for the pros ?  I haven't seen anything here except it has a lot of life left in it.

#10 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

The Gear Page Forum. I'm not going to drop names, but during the release of Amplifi and the whole guitar amp reinvented thing, the forum lit up. If I can find the post, I'll PM the links to you.

#11 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15722 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

i think digital igloo basically said "challenge accepted" as a hint that he has some things in the works he can't speak of...

things that will exceed the current dream rig by the context of his post...

i think its an obvious interpretation...

but obviously he can't come out and say any more or he would have...

so remain cynical if you must.....

Where have you heard that something is coming for the pros ?  I haven't seen anything here except it has a lot of life left in it.

Gazza

Challenge accepted!  :D

#12 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

The comments and statements that I read were posted on another forum and go back months and certainly have little value out of context. But adding them up and looking at the big picture, one could assume that is the direction and of course we all know what it is to assume. For all we know, "the something for the pros" could be Line 6 embroidered hats and gloves for the winter.

#13 zaphodboy

zaphodboy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:00 AM

The comments and statements that I read were posted on another forum and go back months and certainly have little value out of context. But adding them up and looking at the big picture, one could assume that is the direction and of course we all know what it is to assume. For all we know, "the something for the pros" could be Line 6 embroidered hats and gloves for the winter.

Hats and gloves....!!!! Sign me up!!!  ;)

#14 Digital_Igloo

Digital_Igloo

Line 6 Staff

• Product Management
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalabasas, CA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

For all we know, "the something for the pros" could be Line 6 embroidered hats and gloves for the winter.

Brand New Line 6 HW500 (HW stands for "Head Warmer"):

kZPdhya.jpg

Product Manager | Line 6

#15 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

I want one of those and scarfs would be huge as well. Here in New England, scarfs are a must have. The Amplifi burgundy and black would go with just about anything, but don't be shy with the navy's and earth tones. A sharp dressed man needs a full color palette. 

#16 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11516 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

kZPdhya.jpg

What's this "head warmer" nonsense? Everyone in Canada knows it's a toque!! (Rhymes with "puke", and when seen together there's usually ice fishing and snowmobiles involved.)

(I just call it like it is.)

Edited by silverhead, 20 August 2014 - 02:18 PM.
Edited for cultural enlightenment and a lame attempt at humour.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#17 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

What's this "head warmer" nonsense? Everyone in Canada knows it's a toque!!

(I just call it like it is.)

Does the HW500 have the integral in ear monitoring system? If not I want no parts of it, lol.

P.S.: Cool hat though!!! Reminds me of MacMurphey in the cookoos nest.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#18 FlyingSquirrel

FlyingSquirrel

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSeattle/Puget Sound

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

This is good news, glad to hear it and I thank you for doing so.
I'm sure that many good ideas for R&D have originated from the forums.

#19 Palico

Palico

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

kZPdhya.jpg

I want one! Apperal on the store link doesn't work. 

#20 Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:19 AM

Noooooo, please no more long drawn out speculation threads...........  The only fact we have is the PODHD isn't going away and has plenty of life.  That's good enough for me, thanks DI.

And that exactly what happened lets see how long this thread will be?

#21 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:32 AM

And I think it's great that we have a discussion about it. I also feel that it's boon for Line 6 to read all our opinions, our likes and dislikes and it's an opportunity to have a more in depth talk than just posting a brief synopsis at IdeaScale.

Please don't take offense anyone, but you don't have to participate or even read the post if you are not interested. There's something on the forums for everyone, so jump in, the water is fine.

#22 stumblinman

stumblinman

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

I'd like the new floor model to have a hinged cover over the display and the small knobs below it. That little bar only protects the operator from stepping on stuff. It doesn't protect against other impacts, even while in a gig bag or pedalboard bag. Removable clear cap, perhaps?

#23 RIblues

RIblues

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

That's not a bad idea at all. Funny you mentioned that because a couple of weeks ago, while setting up, I dropped a mic on it. I don't know if it was a direct hit, but it sure looked like it. Fortunately, no breakage , not even a crack.

#24 stumblinman

stumblinman

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

My damage was to one of the knobs, not the screen.. I'm still not sure how my singer did it, but he managed to push the knob straight down.  If you pull it up, it will still work, but it spins free once gravity kicks back in.  That's what made me think of it.  Just a low-profile, slightly squeezable cap that can fit into little metal clamps to the right and left of the nav buttons on either side of the screen.. Would make a world of difference in making me feel secure playing out.

#25 Digital_Igloo

Digital_Igloo

Line 6 Staff

• Product Management
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalabasas, CA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

Here's our latest product. Evidently, we've taken some liberties with branding.

Product Manager | Line 6

#26 stumblinman

stumblinman

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

At least it ships with a power switch.

Here's our latest product. Evidently, we've taken some liberties with branding.

#27 Digital_Igloo

Digital_Igloo

Line 6 Staff

• Product Management
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCalabasas, CA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

At least it ships with a power switch.

Stumblinman wins this thread.  :lol:

Product Manager | Line 6

#28 stumblinman

stumblinman

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

Hehe just busting chops. Thx DI.

Stumblinman wins this thread. :lol:

#29 cbrown1334

cbrown1334

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

I'm assuming that the A910 version is the entry-level product.  Looks like if you want the "Pro" version you have to step up to the A970:

http://www.dx.com/p/...33#.U_5mEMWwISE

I'm confused about the pricing structure, though.  They're both $29.95.  Won't the Pro version cannibalize sales of the entry level version?  Also, the Pro version say "Speaker System" on the box.  Is this replacing the Stage Source product?  You better not forget those of us who bought the old system.

I've got a hundred more sarcastic comments built up over the years of lurking on this forum and seeing the same cycles repeat and repeat and repeat.  But, I just feel dirty after looking at those knock-off websites.  I think I better stop...

#30 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15722 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Hilarious guys. :D

#31 joel_brown

joel_brown

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

Stumblinman, I laughed so hard I blew soda all over my screen.  I have to make sure to not drink anything while reading posts here.

#32 BillBee

BillBee

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLivonia, Michigan

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:25 AM

That was too funny.....

I'm going to wait until the new firmware is released.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users