3 replies to this topic

#1 bowermang

bowermang

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

I'd like to download a ukulele tone to my JT Variax 69.  There aren't any so I thought I might try modifying a mandolin tone.  Maybe it's just me or maybe it's the lack of organization of the material on this site, or just possibly one can't download new tones to a JT Variax.  But if someone would let me know if it's possible and, if so, how it's done, I'd appreciate it.  

Also, I just looked at the software downloads and note that the Variax HD upgrade is not available.  Did they take it off the shelf because it's that bad?

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5549 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

You can download other people's tones to your JTV, but there's no site like CustomTone to get different tones. As far as a ukulele, I suppose you could try modifying an acoustic. You can mute strings in Workbench, so you could set up a 4-string tuning equal to a uke.

As far as the HD update, I'm not sure where you're looking, but it's definitely still there. 2.10 is the latest version. I just did this screen cap a few mins ago.

Attached Files

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 radatats

radatats

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

You can download custom JTV patches at this site:

http://www.vguitarfo...php?board=138.0

Recommend you save your current factory patches as a bundle to reload later if you want or you can always just reflash to get back to original.

Picture4.png

#4 bowermang

bowermang

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

Found it.  I like the interface better.  I did work on a uke tone and it's horrible.  First try so no worries, but are there tutorials on using the software to tweak tones?

Thanks for your help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: variax, tone, download, variax hd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users