Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Rig: X3 live with HD Pro (x?)

filipecoelho

hello all,

I really like my current rig, comprising of Ibanez 321ex with BKP Blackhawks -> Line6 POD X3 live -> Matrix gt800fx -> Blackstar 412 with Celestions V30.

It is very versatile, i can change sounds very fast, it has a nice ballsy punch and the x3 live lets me have a home recording device plus floorboard with expression pedal at hand.

Also, the dual tone option of the X3 Live is something i really love, and the cab responds awesomely well, specially in stereo mode.

However, since I'm upgrading my guitar to a of custom Hapas 7string guitar (set of BKP Juggs), i am thinking in selling my Ibby to finance some possible alterations to my rig.
Not sure if it's important, i play prog death, so mostly high distortion, but also some clean and acoustic parts too.

One option is to add a rack preamp to the rig, and I've been thinking of a 2nd handed HD Pro or Pro X (an AxeFx is too expensive and i don't think it is worth the extra cost).

The idea would be to have the following rack:
Hapas custom 7string with BKP Juggs -> Line6 POD X3 live -> (possible wireless system) -> Line6 POD HD Pro (X?) -> Matrix gt800fx -> Blackstar 412
I don't want to lose the versatility and the expression pedal i have with my current rig, and i am not insanely looking into make my sound perfect and flawless.

But, with the money available, if i can get a better sound for a small investment whistle keeping the best

Can i use the X3 for soundbank changing as well as expression pedal with the HD Pro?
Would I be getting a noticeably better tone with this change?
How much hassle should i expect out of this?

thank you for your comments in advance!