Photo

Rubber plugs for bean POD stand?

Best Answer TheRealZap , 18 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

wouldn't be that hard to just get some right size bolts... then slip little bits of rubber hose on the protruding parts really...

probably less than 10 bucks and you could experiment with the size and get a nice snug, secure fit.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dreamsinger

dreamsinger

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

I use an X3 bean pod on a mic stand adapter. My only gripe is that if you look at the rubber locating plugs crosseyed they pop out and disappear. Superglue didn't work, RTV didn't work. Anybody have any luck keeping them in? Can I get a bag of them?

#2 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

https://www.globalfu...ode=98-030-0009   expensive

i would try an adhesive  like rubber cement. you apply it to both parts, wait until it gets tacky then stick together 

I'M SO HAPPY!

#3 dreamsinger

dreamsinger

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

https://www.globalfu...ode=98-030-0009   expensive

i would try an adhesive  like rubber cement. you apply it to both parts, wait until it gets tack

Ten freakin' bucks? I wouldn't mind if they weren't apparently designed to fall off and create a neverending repeating market for replacements. The adhesives don't work. I think I'll crank up the lathe and make some tapered aluminum plugs that will screw on.

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15681 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:56 PM   Best Answer

wouldn't be that hard to just get some right size bolts... then slip little bits of rubber hose on the protruding parts really...

probably less than 10 bucks and you could experiment with the size and get a nice snug, secure fit.

#5 dreamsinger

dreamsinger

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

Excellent idea. I was overthinking it with the idea that they had to be tapered like the rubber ones. Thanks!

#6 meandot

meandot

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

Just ridiculous. Can't get these in UK. I don't know why we put up with rubbish. They are not fit for purpose. We shouldn't have to pay for more of them or spend time and money on a creative solution. We have paid for thr product already. Very poor show Line6. Also removed support for the product line as well due to obsolescence. I would never spend serious money on their products due to risk of suffering their f*** you attitude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users