Photo

HD500X Times Out While in Edit?

fail hd500x time out edit

Best Answer Technogrim , 21 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

I have determined that it was indeed the usb ports.

It seems certain ports cut out occasionally and some don't work at all.

But I managed to find one and was able to edit and add a bunch of pedals to an entire brand new preset and saved it with no issues.

I'm super relieved....I guess it's time for a new motherboard.

Thanks everyone!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Technogrim

Technogrim

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

So I just bought this thing and I'm trying to create my own presets in the in the Edit application running in Windows 7.

It works great, but for only a minute or two, and then the unit stops syncing and is locked on whatever sound I was currently at.  After that nothing responds.  If I turn pedals on or off, change pedals, change amps, the sound stays the same and I no longer see "syncing" on the device screen.

If I try to Receive anything I get an error message: Operation timed out, Code 8000000000a

When I unplug and plug the device back in it works again for only a minute then the same thing.

This is unacceptable.

Any ideas?  Did I just waste a lot of money?  Device is updated.

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11512 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

Sounds like a USB communications issue. Try different USB ports on your computer and avoid using any USB hubs. Sometimes the front panel USB ports on a desktop PC contain an internal hub; try the back panel ports.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1196 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

It clearly should not do that.  Try a different USB cable too.  Something is hosing up your USB connection.

#4 Technogrim

Technogrim

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

I'll try it tomorrow when I'm off work. The cable is brand new, which came with the device. I have it plugged into the back ports. If it was a cable issue why would it work for a bit then stop? I'll try different ports buy it doesn't make sense.

I'll let you guys know tomorrow.

#5 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

I run the 500 edit program in administrative mode, right click on the icon and choose "run as administrator", you can also change the advanced properties of the program so it runs it like when you open it. Make sure your HD500 is the default sound card for Listening and Recording. Hope it helps with your problem.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#6 Technogrim

Technogrim

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:34 AM   Best Answer

I have determined that it was indeed the usb ports.

It seems certain ports cut out occasionally and some don't work at all.

But I managed to find one and was able to edit and add a bunch of pedals to an entire brand new preset and saved it with no issues.

I'm super relieved....I guess it's time for a new motherboard.

Thanks everyone!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fail, hd500x, time, out, edit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users