Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Significant volume drop when using POD HD500 and DT-25 amp via L6 Link

Hi guys

I have had my setup for quite a while and never experienced this before. When connecting the POD HD500 to the DT-25 the volume has dropped significantly. Plugging straight into the amp still have volume and punch; using the HD500 sounds thin and lifeless, even with the DT master volume on full. It should be taking my head off with the master up that high.

I have checked through my POD and I haven't made any changes. I have tried different effect, banks and set lists to overcome the issue - all to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks

In a recent firmware update for the HD500, they made it so the master volume on the HD500 controls the signal level to the amp. I leave my DT-25 master volume all the way up and adjust the HD500 as needed.

It's also possible a tube is taking a poopie. How many hours are on them? Sometimes a tube can just stop working without many hours it.

Oh wait, you did say going into the front the amp sounds good. Carry on!!! lol