Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X to L2M via L6 no signal.

Hi guys have finally settled for a HD500X with a L2M speaker for my dream rig however there's no sound coming out of the speaker when during L6 connection via XLR cables. But it does work when I plug it in with a 1/4 inch jack from 500's output r/mono to the l2m's signal input. I have attached a picture if that would make it alittle more comprehendable.

Am I missing out on something?

Yes I would like to believe so, the XLR cable comes new together with the dream rig. Sorry about the pictures it doesn't load up.

So there aren't any special steps I need to take for the l6 link to work and it should just start right up? There's nothing coming out of the speakers when I connect it via xlr.

Your picture indicates that the cables are connected properly, and that the volume level settings on both the HD500X and the L2M are appropriate. You should be hearing sound.

It seems to me that you have a hardware fault in either the cable (make sure it is an AES/EBU cable rather than standard XLR), the L2M L6 LINK jack, or the HD500X L6 LINK jack. I would either return the devices for testing/replacement if the retailer return policy is still active, or open a support ticket with Line 6.

EDIT: One other possibility. Check the L6 LINK Audio Setup on page 9 of the HD500X Setup pages. Make sure it is not set to Mute.

Edited by silverhead
added info

Hi Silverhead, thanks for replying to my posts. It seems like the stagesource for whatever reasons decided to work today but it's not after the hassle of bringing the 500x down to the Line6 distributor to 'isolate' where the problem is. We managed to isolate it down to the stage source speaker since the 500X and xlr cable works with the stagesource speaker down at the Line6 dealer.

So when I got back home and decided to give the stagesource another try and hooked up the xlr cable before I bring it back to the dealer for an exchange, it pops right up. Now it's running fine on xlr cable. :) Weird!

• 2 weeks later...

My L3 lights up the number one in the LCD panel next to the Stagesource L6 link input and I notice your doesn't. Could it be a connection problem? Have you tried a different DMX cable?

Hi buddy, thank you for pointing that out, yeah it is a connection problem but sadly I didn't get to figure that out until lugging that 500X to the retailer and back home, then did it start to work. Probably from a very 'stiff' new XLR cable connection. Now it's working again. Thanks!