Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switch off 2,4 GHz

The Apple Airport Express connects the m20d with the IPad very well.

After tweaking a lot on the configuration tool I tried to force the router and the iPad to connect with 5 GHz and i figured out that the latest models of Airport Express are not able to switch off the 2,4 GHz transmission, they always transmits on both frequencies.

The Line6 G55 is sensitive to a close position of the router. So I take the router out of the open rack (it is really only a skeleton). But additionally I would like switch of the 2,4 GHz to free the air from that unused second separate 2,4 GHz Wlan.

Is there a recommendation for a specific approach to use both - remote the m20d and wireless mics with the newer Airport Express models?

Here ya go... took a bit of digging around but:

You cannot specifically disable the 2.4GHz band on the Airport Express BUT you can set it up such that your iPad only connects on the 5GHz band.

Apparently, the method you can use is to give the 5GHz network a distinct name. By default, it adopts the same name you've given the express but by giving it a different name and then altering your iPad WiFi settings to only connect to that newly named network, it should keep the 2.4GHz band free.

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=144200.0

Is there a recommendation for a specific approach to use both - remote the m20d and wireless mics with the newer Airport Express models?

I've an XD-V75TR now (just done my first gig with it and WOW!) but position it on my side of stage, away from the M20d and the Airport Express. General recommendations are that you build in some distance between competing 2.4GHz devices.

I had zero problems with mine but YMMV.