Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod XT still "unknown device"

Hi guys,

I bought an used Pod XT three years ago. That time I wasn't able to connect it to my pc via USB, so I opened a topic here. This is the old topic: http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/71396

I just surrendered with this, but now I really need to connect it to the pc. I have the same problem I had three years ago, though. I remember that time I was able to connect it once or twice, but then it just stopped being known by the computer. Now, I haven't been able to make it be recognize by the pc, not even once.

I use a Toshiba Satellite L300-29U with Windows Vista, my POD version is 3.01 with USB version 1.12.

I have install and uninstall the last drivers and Monkey hundreds of times, I have uninstall and reinstall the USB ports of my computer, I have tried with two different cables and in another laptop with WIndows XP, but I have always the same problem: the pc recognizes the POD, but it recognizes it as an "unknow device". I am not sure, but my Toshiba may have integrated USB hubs. I though that may be a problem, but as I said, I was able to connect it at least once in this same laptop. I could reset the POD to factory, but I need to connect it to the pc in order to do that. I don't have a MIDI cable. Please, help me, guys :( :( :( :(

Well it looks like you have gone through the usual things to try - you could try a spare power supply if you have access to one. Sometime when the ps starts to go things can get screwy.

But like the guy in the old thread said it could be an issue with the XT's usb.