3 replies to this topic

#1 Ford32Ford

Ford32Ford

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

I just bought a used UX2 unit from Guitar Center.  Just the unit and the USB cable.  Now I'm hearing different stories on how I should just return it due to no CD software or I can download the proper software from the Line 6 site.  So I will be using n-Track for the recording software and I have TH2 for the modeling (if I choose).  What would I need to download (if anything) to just be able to plug the UX2 into my pc so I can run an acoustic guitar into the recording software?  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11461 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

You should download and install Line 6 Monkey first (see Downloads tab at the top of this page). Then run Line 6 Monkey with your UX2 connected via usb. The Monkey will guide you through the UX2 software installation process.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 Ford32Ford

Ford32Ford

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.  So after downloading/installing Line 6 Monkey, connecting the UX unit to my laptop, run Monkey it should be able to set it up essentially?  I can then run it through n-Track from that point it sounds like.  Thanks again.

#4 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2766 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

You'll need to, at a minimum, install the latest drivers.  Monkey will help you do that.  POD Farm will be helpful as well.

Use the ASIO drivers to record in n-Track.  If you need more info, there is an excellent help file in POD Farm.

You can find all the software you need here http://line6.com/software

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ux2, ux-2, ux 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users