Photo

Spider IV 120 Presets and Customs not producing distortion?

spider iv presets and custom

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JWood88

JWood88

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

Hello All,

I packed my Line 6 up for a move and finally got a chance to pull it out for a jam session with some Pals and to my dismay, I cannot produce distortion without turning the gain up.

My Custom presets produce absolutely no distortion, but maintain the custom names I have made. As I switch between them the the various custom presets the lights all change accordingly from one custom preset to the next.

None of the pre-programmed presets, ranging from As I lay Dying to Meshuggah have distortion either. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:19 AM

Have you backed up your preset patches using Spider Edit?  If not, do so, then do a Factory Reset and see if this fixes the problem.  Then you'll need to move all your presets back into their locaitons with Spider Edit.

#3 JWood88

JWood88

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:24 AM

Thank you for the quick response, fflbrgst.

I have backed up my presets already and conducted a factory reset last night, but to no avail. I still cannot produce any distortion on any of my channels. Everything comes out "Clean". Pretty frustrating =(

#4 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:45 AM

Have you manually tried adjusting the fuzz boxes?  I assume that is how you are getting distortion.  You mentione youhave to turn up the gain - do the settings look correct in your presets, or is hte gain truned down in them?  Gain or fuzzbox would be the two methods of getting distortion.

#5 JWood88

JWood88

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:48 AM

Thank you for your efforts in looking into the matter, Mike.

I have adjusted both, and still cannot get the proper sound... well even remotely close to the sound it had before and the issue transpires over to the pre-loaded patches too. I can get every effect but distortion to come through. So even when I go to a patch like, "As I lay dying's" pre-loaded distortion "Shredd", there is still absolutely no distortion to it what-so ever.

#6 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:48 AM

Sounds like you may have a processor problem if nothing comes back after a system reset.  Next thing would be to bring it to an authorized service center for evalutation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users