Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 700 > Pod XT live > Workbench upside down fretboard

Hey,

So bought a new Line 6 Variax 700. Love the tones. But when i connected it to my workbench i've had a strange problem. 
First let me explain how i connected it.

Variax 700 electric to my pod xt live using a rj45 cable. Then, via usb to the computer. I have updated all my firmwares and software. 

Now, heres the strange thing. My guitar is detected via the pod xt live perfectly, but when i try to change a tuning the fret board works upside down. Eg. When i drop my lowest (6th string) To a D in order to make it a drop D tuning, it changes my highest string (The high E or 1st string) to a D. While the easy and obviously way to get over this is just find out how many frets to drop each string by. There is another issue. When i drop my highest string in the software (which is my lowest string in real life) The note doesnt transpose properly. I.e. it misses the note and buzzes and stuff like that. What is the problem. 

I'm pretty sure that if i fix my fretboard being upside down in the software, it'll fix the problem.

P.S. I've reinstalled the firmwares and drives and tried the same thing on my laptop as well as desktop. PLEASE HELP!  :(  :( 

Thanks in advance.

Modeling would be off for sure but it would be in tune with standard tuning and it might not sound that bad.  I have heard of issues where two piezo's were swapped but not issues where all of them were swapped.  It would be easy to prove by moving the alt tuning of one at a time or turning the string volume down one at a time and seeing which string goes dead.

Modeling would be off for sure but it would be in tune with standard tuning and it might not sound that bad.  I have heard of issues where two piezo's were swapped but not issues where all of them were swapped.  It would be easy to prove by moving the alt tuning of one at a time or turning the string volume down one at a time and seeing which string goes dead.

I don't know how different each string is modeled from one another, but if it's a lot, then it would be a big deal. Even for me it's a big deal regardless.