#1 dattrax

dattrax

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:39 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to post this in case anyone else stumbles across the issue.

I had an issue with really bad digital clipping in low volume mode.  I removed the HD500 from the chain and went straight into the top of the amp, still no luck.  The normal volume mode seemed OK, but low not.  Anyhow, I read in this forum that the low volume mode is modeled and not done via the same signal path so I thought to upgrade the firmware.  I was already on 2.0 (latest), but I went for the reflash anyway.  When the amp came back up again, everything was back to normal, so either the program in the flash or some settings had been corrupted.

Cheers,

Jim

#2 Lution777

Lution777

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

Interesting. I noticed this today too. Digital clipping in the overdriven amps in low power mode. I just upgraded to 2.0 today. Perhaps I'll perform a reflash as well. Do you know if your saved amps were still saved after reflashing?

#3 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

Sometimes you just have to re-flash to fix it. I've been there not for the exact problem though.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users