Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to make the Greenback 25s less dark

357mag

I like using the 4 x 12 Celestion Greenback cab in my POD HD Pro X but it has a very noticeable "dark" sound to it. I'd like to know which frequencies I can perhaps cut a bit to remove some of this dark boominess. It's a shame Line 6 made the Equalizers so hard to understand. Right now, I'm not even using the Equalizers because I haven't learned how yet, although I saw Matt's video on YouTube in which he talked about the various percentages corresponding to certain frequencies. I still don't know which order to adjust the knobs which I think you have to know.

While I don't use the Greenback cab much myself I suggest you try tweaking the cab lo cut parameter, I find that this can remove a lot of the apparent harsh low end in some of the cabs. I play along to a recording that I like and tweak the tone to make my guitar sit correctly in the mix. I've found that a lot of low end and high needs cutting and the mid range often needs boosting. It can sound a little mid heavy on it's own but in a full band mix will sound just right.