Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Edit does not accept my XT

i am trying to get Line 6 Edit to work with my Pod XT.

So far i have:

- installed and run Monkey

- used Monkey to successfully update the drivers and firmware on my XT

- installed and run Line 6 Edit with my XT connected by USB.

Problem:

When i run Line 6 Edit, it reaches the point where it shows my XT at the stage where you "Select a Line 6 device..." but no matter how many times i click OK, it does not move onto the next stage (see screenshot).

i thought it might be because Monkey shows a question mark for the flash memory (see other screenshot) so i reinstalled the firmware but the problem remains.

I have also tried using a different USB port but it made no difference.

thanks for any help!

Running Windows 7

post-2023061-0-74894200-1410370722_thumb.gif

post-2023061-0-56908700-1410370731_thumb.gif

Line 6 Edit was replaced with Gearbox, well, quite a long time ago. I don't remember when exactly. But I believe that if you're using the Windows 7 drivers for the XT, you need to use the Gearbox editor, not Line 6 Edit.

thanks very much for the reply.

i installed gearbox. it recognises my XT but it cannot access the tones in the Tone Locker (see bottom left of screenshot). Refreshing does not solve it.

any further ideas on the problem appreciated!

P.s. my aim behind all this is to use Custom Tone and maybe buy the Bass Extension pack.

post-2023061-0-65378800-1410372740_thumb.gif

Hey there,

Well I see the tone folders are there - so double click one to open it up and see if you have any tones stored. Probably best thing to do is DL some and create your own to get the hang of it. Load, save and edit them - back-up the tones...stuff like that.

You can create your own folders and store tones in multiple folders too.

-B

Hey Triryche - I was looking at the lower left BUT you are right. If you take a look at the lower right the PodXT icon shows no connection to the XT.

When connected properly there will be no ? mark.

For the tone folders themselves Edit->Preferences is where you can set your default folder for the lower left.

-B