Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod xt live - (pre-amp for condenser mic)

Hey guys, so first I want to say thanks to anyone who try's to answer my question. I am definitely a noobie when it comes to this stuff, basically I'm just trying to record vocals (hip-hop) so I went out and bought a condenser mic (Guage ECM 87) I hooked it up through my friends pod as a pre-amp, but the vocals don't sound nearly as clear as I would have expected them to be, honestly it doesn't sound much better than my rockband mic lol. So basically I'm just wondering if for any reason would the Pod xt live cause interference or something with the mic if i'm trying to use it as a pre-amp?

i'm surprised it works at all! condenser mics typically require phantom power which the pod does not deliver...

you might need to add an extra component... something like this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/art-tube-mp-studio-mic-preamp

this is a preamp.. but it provides phantom power... you'd still run it through the pod for effects\feed to software etc...