Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Adding a second amp issue

hideinshadow

Hello there, I have just received my Pod HD500 bought from a friend and I have been playing with it for some days...I have been following tutorial since then and I have encountered a little problem....So...I wanted to make a more aggressive tone and I've chosen the Treadplate model amp. All sound nice an full and heavenly rock-full :D ... but when I move the amp on the second line to pair it up with another one....boom...the godly rock sound disappears ..it still has some ballz ( pardon the expression, but I find it suitable ) ... but it became kinda dull, more ..... sluggish is the most appropriate word, me thinks .... any idea ... Thank you in advice 

Sounds like your two amps are out of phase with each other. One's speaker is moving backwards while the other's moving forward. If they each sound good by themselves, but crappy when both are going, this is the most likely issue. If they are combo's and you can get to the speaker wiring, flip the +/- leads on the speaker (one if single speaker in the cab, or all if multi speakers) -- but only one of the 2 amps. Choose the easiest one to get at if it doesn't help and you want to flip it back.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Just to be certain, you did add another amp model in the other path, right? If you just move the Treadplate to one side or the other, without another model in there, you're going to get a clean signal from the un-amped channel along with your Treadplate channel. Another thing to look at is your mixer panning. Having them full L/R will make that sound go to one side, or if you're connected in mono, sound half as loud/ballsy. If you're going for two amps layered type tone, pan your mixer to the center, then add the two amps you want, and use the channel volume controls to mix to your liking.

I am talking indeed about amp models ... and yes, gunpointmetal, I do believe that's the issue behind my problem....I receive a clean signal from the un-amped channel. What bothers me is that it didn't sound that way in the video I followed back then to create the tone. Your answer is very logic, thanks a lot....and it really seems that way :). I would like to ask another question. I am new to guitar effects pedals and I might have some future problems regarding appropriate cabling and connections between the pod and mixer/amp etc. I really appreciate your answers and look forward to hearing from you :) . I would also appreciate if you could e-mail me some guides to proper cabling in a mixer etc. ( I must say that I own a small modeling amp...and I didn't like the sound I was getting with the pod because I plugged the guitar directly in the guitar in space....so there were 2 amp models at the same time ... 1 in the amp and (at least) one from the pod...and it didn't sound clean at all, so I figured a way to plug the guitar in the "aux in" jack to get just the amplification from my modeling amp ) . Thank you for support !!! 

Paul