Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT50 head restarting over and over again

jarokka

Hi everyone,

when I turn on my DT 50 head all lights are going on as usual, then the relays are clicking to load the current amp setup. Afterwards, normally the amp is ready to play, only those lights are on for the switches etc. that are currently set. In my case the head is just repeating that boot sequence over and over again. Meaning, all lights are going on again, click-click-click, short break, then the same again a.s.o.

Does anyone know that problem or has an idea what could be the reason for that?

Thanks in advance,

Bernd

I don't know why it's doing that. I haven't had this behavior with my DT50 Head but if I did I would do a reset. If that didn't work I would reflash the firmware. You didn't mention if you have say an HD500 connected via L6 link. So I'm guessing it's the DT doing it on it's own.

Check this Picture>>>
  • Upvote 1

Hi Brazzy,

thank you for your reply. It is just the stand-alone head connected to its cabinet. It does not make a difference whether the HD500 is connected to the head or not. I also re-flashed to an older firmware version, issue persists. Flashed again to the newest firmware, same issue. Flashing the firmware worked, though, without any errors.

Regards

Bernd

Hi Brazzy,

thank you for your reply. It is just the stand-alone head connected to its cabinet. It does not make a difference whether the HD500 is connected to the head or not. I also re-flashed to an older firmware version, issue persists. Flashed again to the newest firmware, same issue. Flashing the firmware worked, though, without any errors.

Hi Jarokka, Sounds like you fixed it. So the reflash worked but the reset didn't?

@Brazzy: no, I have not had the chance to test the reset yet. In my last reply I just wanted to say that flashing the firmware works but does not resolve the issue. I will update the post in a few hours when I am back home again and have the chance to do the reset and see whether it solves the reported problem.

Alright, support ticket is closed. However, they could not help. They said that I had already done everything that was possible to do on my own. I would need to hand the DT50 head in to one of their authorized service centers. That is what I am going to do as soon as I want to afford it. Got also a DT50 Combo, I will use that one for the time to come...

Thanks again for your support!

Alright, support ticket is closed. However, they could not help. They said that I had already done everything that was possible to do on my own. I would need to hand the DT50 head in to one of their authorized service centers. That is what I am going to do as soon as I want to afford it. Got also a DT50 Combo, I will use that one for the time to come...

Thanks again for your support!

Good to hear you have a backup amp. I suppose your out of waranty on the broken DT. Just out of curiosity have you ever put tubes in it yourself and approx how much playing time do have on the current tubes? Whatever you do I wish the best. Thanks for the update.

Right, I am out of warranty for the DT50 head. The tubes have been in there for about three years. I had played the amp about once a week in the first 2 years, then the head was not used regularly anymore. I only started using it in the last few weeks again. Therefore, I think the tubes should be good but you never know. I have not yet changed any power amp tubes myself, only the preamp tubes, because you can't do much wrong there. As far as the preamp tubes are concerned, one of them was broken once but that resulted only in less volume and sound as far as I remember...

• Upvote 1

Right, I am out of warranty for the DT50 head. The tubes have been in there for about three years. I had played the amp about once a week in the first 2 years, then the head was not used regularly anymore. I only started using it in the last few weeks again. Therefore, I think the tubes should be good but you never know. I have not yet changed any power amp tubes myself, only the preamp tubes, because you can't do much wrong there. As far as the preamp tubes are concerned, one of them was broken once but that resulted only in less volume and sound as far as I remember...

Hey thanks alot on the usage rundown. I did the power tube replacement after my DT went silent after making some wierd sounds. A little time reading and buying tubes and a tool. It's not hard and after the first time I askew myself why was I worried, lol. Knowledge is key.