Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X - No sound from my mac, running POD HD500x edit software

rooz247

the hd500 won't play through your mac speakers if that's what you're trying to do...

you can trick your mac into making it work...

but the resulting latency etc is not going to make for a good experience....

if you want to do it yourself... google mac aggregate audio and i'm sure you'll get the info.

ideally you just want to plug speakers/amp/headphones into the pod.

So If I go through Protools as I normally would and run edit separately, I can use edit to create my tones, and monitor through protools to hear the results I am getting? I prefer the graphical interface for tinkering with getting tones, than the tiny little pod screen.

depends on how you have protools setup to work with your interface... is the pod your interface? how are your speakers setup? etc...

but yes you can run edit and pod farm at the same time... whether you'll hear it or not depends on the other questions.

I currently run my digi003 rack as my recording interface, I run my pod analog into channel 1 in my digi rack, and assign it to a track. I monitor through my digi interface. So if I open edit while I have protools set up this way I should be able to hear changes made in edit realtime as I make them correct? I am only asking because I have just unboxed my hd500x I have not had time to sit and play with it yet. So I am just trying to get an idea of the best way to do things ahead of time.