Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flextone III bypass modelling

take your XT Live outputs (Line level) straight into the Flextone III stereo effects return.  That bypasses everything in the Flextone and it just acts like a power amp.  You may still need a dummy jack into the front of the amp, I can't remember for sure.  If you do, its just a 1/4 jack not connected to anything.

• Upvote 1

take your XT Live outputs (Line level) straight into the Flextone III stereo effects return.  That bypasses everything in the Flextone and it just acts like a power amp.  You may still need a dummy jack into the front of the amp, I can't remember for sure.  If you do, its just a 1/4 jack not connected to anything.

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between the Send and Return? Do I use the Send at all?

send is out of your flextone pre-amp and return is into the power amp

(using a cable from the send to the return is the same as not using the effects loop at all!)

you would use both if you were just adding a simple effect box or something and still wanted to use the built in sound of the felxtone...

since you only want to use the power amp, and use the models in the XT for your pre-amp...

using the send is unnecessary. 

• Upvote 1

• 6 years later...