Photo

No Aux In Or Mp3 Sound With Line 6 Link?

pod hd 500 dt 25 mp3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 maertimax

maertimax

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:06 AM

hello,

i just have bought the  line 6 dt 25 but i like to play with some backing tracks through

my amp, when i connect the amp and my pod 500 with the guitar cable everything works just

fine. but when i connect my pod and the amp with the line 6 link i only hear my guitar and

the backing tracks are gone.

to play the backing tracks i normally connect my laptop with the pod 500 with the usb cable

and everything works good.

is it possible to connect the amp with the line 6 link and still get the sound of the backing tracks

through my amp?

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14880 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

it won't pass that input through L6Link sorry.

#3 evilmikehoo

evilmikehoo

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBrandonville, PA USA

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

it won't pass that input through L6Link sorry.

Interesting! So, how would you recommend the best way to hook up a DT50 and POD HD500 when I choose to play backing tracks thru the amp? 4CM maybe?

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14880 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

i would recommend not doing it! haha... as i find tracks played through a guitar amp to sound like crap.

but if you wanted to do it, i'd disconnect the L6 link and use 1/4" input.

i don't think the 4cm would be necessary... 

you could probably rig up something with a mixer and the fx loop if you want to keep the L6Link in play.

when i'm doing this, i just plug the mp3 into the PA and keep them seperated....

of course not everyone has this option in every situation... but i think this would be more ideal.

Interesting! So, how would you recommend the best way to hook up a DT50 and POD HD500 when I choose to play backing tracks thru the amp? 4CM maybe?

#5 evilmikehoo

evilmikehoo

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBrandonville, PA USA

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

That's pretty much what I am doing now, but was looking to simplify for just quick noodling! lol!!! Thank you!!!

i would recommend not doing it! haha... as i find tracks played through a guitar amp to sound like crap.

but if you wanted to do it, i'd disconnect the L6 link and use 1/4" input.

i don't think the 4cm would be necessary... 

you could probably rig up something with a mixer and the fx loop if you want to keep the L6Link in play.

when i'm doing this, i just plug the mp3 into the PA and keep them seperated....

of course not everyone has this option in every situation... but i think this would be more ideal.

#6 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14880 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

you could probably come up with something by using the headphone out into your amp...

you'd have to try it to see how that would work out... but might be a quick and dirty easy cheesy noodling solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users