Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

just 1 switch away...

rsinger

Hey M13ians.Maybe a dumb question. I'm trying to get up to speed on an M13, studying the Advanced Guide v 2.0. Section 4-1, in Latch Scene Mode, states " The advantage to Latch Scene Mode is you're only 1 switch away from selecting a new Scene. So you can have 12 completely different setups ready to go, each only 1 switch away." I'd like to believe it, but I'm having my doubts. If I have a combo of effects in, say, position 3C, and want to switch on the fly to the combo in 1A, I'd like to step once on the 1A footswitch and make the leap. But, I'm finding that when I'm in 3C I first have to hit the Scenes switch and then hit 1A to make the move. Bummer! I'd really like to have 12 effect combos set up in positions 1A to 4C and just hit the position switch to change. I called Line 6 today, was told "no can do". Maybe you know better, can shed some light ? Thanks for any clues. Thanks - Bob

Hey M13ians.Maybe a dumb question. I'm trying to get up to speed on an M13, studying the Advanced Guide v 2.0. Section 4-1, in Latch Scene Mode, states " The advantage to Latch Scene Mode is you're only 1 switch away from selecting a new Scene. So you can have 12 completely different setups ready to go, each only 1 switch away." I'd like to believe it, but I'm having my doubts. If I have a combo of effects in, say, position 3C, and want to switch on the fly to the combo in 1A, I'd like to step once on the 1A footswitch and make the leap. But, I'm finding that when I'm in 3C I first have to hit the Scenes switch and then hit 1A to make the move. Bummer! I'd really like to have 12 effect combos set up in positions 1A to 4C and just hit the position switch to change. I called Line 6 today, was told "no can do". Maybe you know better, can shed some light ? Thanks for any clues. Thanks - Bob

Well, you need to have different scenes saved for the different scenarios you're talking about. The easiest way is to create one scene with all the effects where you want them, save it, and then copy it to a different location. Than go in that scene and turn on the effects you want and save it there. Repeat that process as necessary. This is how I used the M13. If you're in latch mode, and you do need to get in scene to turn effects on and off, you just have to hit the "scenes" switch.

Thanks for the reply, Phil. I think I've got it sussed out. What I'm after is latch mode; the 12 scene descriptions in the VU meters stay put and you can one-step between them.The M13 is gonna give my Barber Direct Drive and TC Electronics Flashback a run for their money. Thanks again. - Bob