Photo

Output And Choice Of Cabnet

Best Answer jws1982 , 17 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

You're very welcome.  Here's some other quick tips on using the DT25 with the HD500:

- On your patches, start by using the amplifier pre-amp models with no cabinet models.  The point of having the DT25/50 is to let it do all the power amp and cabinet work.  Then add a cabinet model and/or full amp model to taste.  Pre-amp models also use much less CPU than the full ones.

- Use at least a good quality XLR cable to connect the POD and DT25.  Cheap mic cables can cause intermittent issues.

- If you need to clear up and effect block on your POD, let the DT25 handle the reverb for you.  The reverb is still separate when using it with a POD.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 simbo

simbo

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:02 AM

I would be very grateful for some advice on the DT25 head. What kind of output does the head produce, would it be about the same as a spider jam or a bit more powerful. And would it be advisable to run it through a DT25 cabinet or another make and if so I would appreciate suggestions as to what make of cabinet and size.

Regards,

simbo. 

#2 jws1982

jws1982

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

This is not a precise answer at all, but it would be around the same as a 100w solid state amp.  The DT25 is loud, much louder than a spider jam.   It'll run any cab from a 1x12 to a 4x12.  Get whatever size you need.  I personally really like the DT cabs.  I think they match up great to the head.

A good place to start would be with the DT25 1x12 cab.  Then, just add another 1x12 cab if you need more volume or coverage.  

#3 simbo

simbo

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for that bit of advice jws 1982 it is much appreciated and has aided me in making my mind up, I will go with the DT25 head and cab. I'v only been tinkling the strings for the past two and a half to three years, and am not very good at playing at all just yet, but I have the jtv69 and the pod hd 500 and now I have saved enough money to buy the rest of the dream kit I thought I would get some advice from the guys that have more knowledge on the subject as I am sure you appreciate this stuff doesn't come cheep. CHEERS JWS 1982.

Kind Regards,

simbo 

#4 jws1982

jws1982

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:58 AM   Best Answer

You're very welcome.  Here's some other quick tips on using the DT25 with the HD500:

- On your patches, start by using the amplifier pre-amp models with no cabinet models.  The point of having the DT25/50 is to let it do all the power amp and cabinet work.  Then add a cabinet model and/or full amp model to taste.  Pre-amp models also use much less CPU than the full ones.

- Use at least a good quality XLR cable to connect the POD and DT25.  Cheap mic cables can cause intermittent issues.

- If you need to clear up and effect block on your POD, let the DT25 handle the reverb for you.  The reverb is still separate when using it with a POD.

#5 simbo

simbo

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Thanks very much for the info jws 1982 its tips like this that with make things quite a bit easier, as it is all sophisticated stuff and a big learning curve.

THANK YOU.

Regards

simbo 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users