Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

GuitarPort and Surface Pro 3 Dock

Has anyone had any luck plugging a GuitarPort into a Surface Pro 3 Dock? When switching the GuitarPort to the default soundcard and plugging in headphones to the GuitarPort device all I get is noise.

Would the dock be considered a USB hub in this case and the cause of the issue?

If not a GuitarPort has anyone plugged a Sonic Port VX into a Surface Pro 3 Dock, I was thinking of upgrading if it resolves the issue? I was hoping the dock would just work like a pass-through and not a hub.

The whole idea was to have the Line6 device plugged into the dock and attach the Surface when I wanted to jam a long to an mp3 or learn songs. A little stationary jam station in my music room.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'll answer my own question. I took a chance on the Sonic Port VX and it does in fact work plugged into the Surface Pro 3 Dock when switching the Sonic Port VX to the default soundcard and plugging in headphones to the Sonic Port VX device. I was then able to use Pod Farm 2.57 without issue. Sonic Port VX is a perfect GuitarPort replacement when using newer hardware in lieu of a Guitar Port driver update which is my guess at what the GuitarPort problem is.