Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 - MIDI to Tubemeister 36

my_jesus_saved_me

I'm looking for some advice on hooking my HD500 up through MIDI.  I've never used MIDI before so the concepts are beyond my current scope.  

I'm about to purchase a Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 36, and was going to get the pedal for it, but then when looking through the specs remembered that my POD has MIDI in it.  

Would I be able to switch back and forth between channels using the foot switches?  I want to use the effects in the POD, vs selling it and purchasing a M-13 or something so that I've got the range of other features the POD offers.  Has anyone tried this?  Curious about the "language" between the H&K and the POD to make sure that they sync up correctly, or does all MIDI do that automatically because MIDI IS the language?  

Any help would be awesome.  Thanks!

Justin

Yeah. just hook up a midi cable.  It can be 5 pin because phantom power isn't necessary. Get your 4 cable setup done first, ie.... levels, cables, etc....   Then hook up the midi. Get to the channel on the amp you want, then get into the patch you want.  Hit midi learn on the back of the H&K, then hit the footswitch for the patch you are on.  Every time you go to that patch it will switch the channel on the amp.   For simplicity sake, I copied the same patch 3 times and called them H&K Clean, Crunch, and Lead. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...