Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod UX2 Clip Light

Recently I upgraded computer systems, switching from a desktop Windows XP to a laptop Windows 8. Everything always worked fine on my XP, and everything has been working great during my time with this Windows 8. But the one difference is now the "CLIP" light is always on on the Pod. So...

1. Why is this happening?
  2. And should I be concerned about it?
  3. (if the answer to 2. is yes) How can I fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Hi....That's a strange thing. I've never experienced this with mine. Maybe try uninstalling the drivers and GearBox/Pod Farm restart and then reinstall. I've done this for many other reasons and it seems to do the trick.

I have read about some people having issues with the UX2 and Win8. Like Brazzster said do a complete uninstall/install of the L6 software and make sure that asio4all is not being used.

IIRC someone had mentioned "not" installing L6 Monkey but never listed why or the results, just thought I would throw that in there to complete my guesswork :) All the drivers can be downloaded and installed without the Monkey (be sure to get the right version too - it happens). :)

Hope you get it working.

-B

I have read about some people having issues with the UX2 and Win8. Like Brazzster said do a complete uninstall/install of the L6 software and make sure that asio4all is not being used.

That Basted ASIO4All again....I've never used it. Never even heard of it until reading posts here.

i've heard of it and even used it... 

back in 1996/1997 when i was too poor for a real ASIO card and my cheap consumer card had no ASIO drivers...

i was able to use it to trick my DAW at the time... (cool edit pro)

worked great for a poor guy with no supported drivers.....

having said that... if you have access to real genuine ASIO drivers... USE THEM!

a world of difference...

i don't recommend ASIO4ALL to anyone that has real ASIO drivers available.

That Basted ASIO4All again....I've never used it. Never even heard of it until reading posts here.

• Upvote 1

new/old... doesn't matter... ASIO4ALL essentially fakes with software what a real ASIO device uses hardware for...

any latency reported etc.. is all a big fat lie... because it isn't getting the information from a hardware clock....

any pro level audio hardware that has an actual hardware addressing ASIO driver available should use that.

The new version of ASIO4ALL was released in 6/2014 (IIRC) which supposedly fixed alot of problems with drops and stutters.

But L6 stuff does like its own drivers.

-B