Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT50 L6 link problem

iloveskipping

I took my dt50 to a guitar tech to have my tubes changed and biased. When i got home i tested the amp and on its own it sounded amazing just like new but....when i tried connecting it to my pod hd500 it would not sync together. I changed the xlr cable just in case and nothing. I checked to see if the firmware was outdated and nothing. Any suggetions on what it may be?

• Upvote 1

I have the same problem with mine. I have been using the L6 link to amp and it suddenly stopped working during a show for no reason. Im trying to establish the link again but cant find anything wrong. Cables all check out and I can play from the unbalanced output into the amp fine but no link.

Thanks Brazzy, fuse checks out fine and is there for tube protection. I have read all the manuals. Settings on the HD 500 are correct, reset DT 50 to factory settings, cables are good, amp works fine from unbalanced output HD500 connected to input in front of amplfier, no sync  using XLR  from Line6 Link HD500 to Link back of amp.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

One item to check before updating the DT firmware: ensure the POD HD unit is set to MIDI channel 1 - otherwise the L6 connection may not work correctly.  If you are on MIDI channel 1 then I reccomend reflashing the DT using a supported MIDI/USB Converter.  I personally use the MIDISport Uno and have always had great results. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

This just happened to me tonight and I have  gig tomorrow!! ugh. My HD500 isn't communicating with my DT50 head.  Nothing has changed from last gig to today.  Unfortunately I have no idea what it means to update "DT Firmware" or how to do that.  Nor do I understand what setting the POD HD unit to MIDI Channel 1.  Any help greatly appreciated.

This just happened to me tonight and I have  gig tomorrow!! ugh. My HD500 isn't communicating with my DT50 head.  Nothing has changed from last gig to today.  Unfortunately I have no idea what it means to update "DT Firmware" or how to do that.  Nor do I understand what setting the POD HD unit to MIDI Channel 1.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Not even going to try to troubleshoot, there is already good advice here.  If you can't get it working then you can use the alternate method for your gig.

This assumes both your POD and DT work but won't connect with L6 link.  Simply run your POD out from one of the 1/4 outs into the DT FX return.  You won't get the automatic power section configuration but you will get the tubes working just the same.  Play with the Class A/AB switch and the Topology switch to get close to the tone you want.  Your POD will work just like always.  This should get you through the gig at least...

• Upvote 1

thanks man! I used it straight into the board and it works find but not preferably linked to DT50.  I need to figure out how to do firmware updates.  Gonna do some research on that and see what I can come up with.  Thanks again :)

Not even going to try to troubleshoot, there is already good advice here.  If you can't get it working then you can use the alternate method for your gig.

This assumes both your POD and DT work but won't connect with L6 link.  Simply run your POD out from one of the 1/4 outs into the DT FX return.  You won't get the automatic power section configuration but you will get the tubes working just the same.  Play with the Class A/AB switch and the Topology switch to get close to the tone you want.  Your POD will work just like always.  This should get you through the gig at least...

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I hope someone responds to this issue. I just picked up a DT50 and paired it with my Pod HD500. It was heaven for about 2 months. Right before the last set I heard a digital intermittent pop. I looked at my tap tempo light and the pop was happening while in the middle of tempo while the light was on. That last sentence can be confusing. LOL. Anyway it hasn't worked since. I've backed off old versions of the hd500 firmware and nothing. I'm using an AES/EBU cable. 

It just stopped working. It will switch topology's. But pedal doesn't respond when I adjust a few knobs nor do I have sound.