Photo

Pod 2.0 Floorboard Trem/chorus Button Malfunction?

Best Answer phil_m , 16 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

Have you tried using a different Cat5 cable between the POD and the Floorboard? That would be the first thing I would check out. The symptoms you describe kind of fit that.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bhouse1273

bhouse1273

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

I am trying to use the POD2.0 in manual mode (Bank 0) with a floorboard.  What I need is for the floorboard buttons to act like a simple stomp box -- turn on/off Chorus, Reverb, Delay, EQ, Drive/Boost and Distortion.  For a few fleeting hours, it did just that.  SInce then, it has mysteriously changed it's behavior.  Instead of affecting TREM/CHORUS, it seems to randomly toggle the other buttons.  Like, no effects on at all, click TREM/CHORUS button, Reverb comes on, or maybe Distortion, or maybe Reverb+Delay+Distortion.  Sometimes Chorus toggles, but mostly it doesn't.  What gives?

I am using the Black Panel Amp Model, if that makes any difference.  I have also tried resetting the POD (power-on with Up and Down arrows depressed) with no change in behavior.

Also, the Volume Pedal doesn't work.

Any clues?  I bought these units new 10 years ago, but the floorboard spend most of those years boxed up in storage.  Haven't been able to successfully register tham online.

Thanks,

Bill

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5485 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:12 AM   Best Answer

Have you tried using a different Cat5 cable between the POD and the Floorboard? That would be the first thing I would check out. The symptoms you describe kind of fit that.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 bhouse1273

bhouse1273

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

Yes! That fixed the problem.  I went ahead and sprayed some contact cleaner into the CAT5 sockets of the floorboard and POD for good measure and the buttons are working.  I shoulda thought of that, but was just not considering the CAT5.

Thanks!

Bill

#4 oldskulls

oldskulls

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:23 AM

Prostříkat oba konektory R45 například Kontaktolem, potom mechanicky vhodným nástrojem /mně se osvědčil mini šroubovák/ opatrně oškrábat a srovnat kontaktní pružinky uvnitř konektoru, rozmontovat Floorboard a prostříknout a procvakat všechny spínače , nechte si přelisovat konektory na koncích šňůry vždy, když jsou už unavené nebo ulomené nebo nějak fixujte, potom všechno funguje, rozchodil jsem tak pedál ,který byl nefunkční přes pět let! No, při vší úctě a oddanosti Line6, použití těchto R45 konektorů je opravdu hodně diskutabilní, na podiu má koncovka jen velmi velmi malou životnost. Eda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users