Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

is it possible to reverse the effects of the EFX pedal?

mbowman

I am a long time Line 6 user but just recently have ventured into the world of the 500X (hopefully replacing my aging Xt soon).  I recall seeing a video a while back where someone was demoing a feature where the 'volume' pedal was actually lowering the volume as you pressed it towards the toe position.  Granted, a limited use case but clever if the thing you turn on with the toe switch doesn't want full volume.

Unfortunately, I don't believe they said HOW they managed that and I can no longer find the video, has anyone managed this by chance?

Second question - with a 2nd expression pedal connected, can things be setup such that you can still use the on-board pedal for switched and unswitched use?  If it was volume and wah, the volume transfers to the 2nd pedal and there seems no use for the unswitched on-board.

On the first one using the edit software you can set the value for what you want the pedal (I'm sure you could set it without the software but I don't know how). Say for instance you assign the pedal to the volume control. You can set it so the min value is say 50% and the max to 100%. So when you have the pedal in the heel position it is set to 50% instead of 0%. I have not tried it but I would think if you set the min to 100% and the max to 0% you would have the pedal set basicaly backwards of normal.

If you have secondary pedal the toe switch for the on-board works as just another switch. Typically use to turn a wah on or off but you could assign it to anything. The secondary pedal takes up the second Expression so both can be used together. So the toe switch on-board really doesn't have an affect on it unless you specifcally assign it to affect it. I don't think you can reassign it to a different function on the fly thought. The typically setup is you assign the volume to the secondary pedal and that is just where you volume is. You assign the Wah to ON/OFF to toe switch and it's value to the pedal. So something that works like you each a volume and wah pedal. The way it's configured it gives you ton of options that I have not really messed with. As side note you can assign the ON/OFF to any swtich, doesn't have to be the Toe swtich either. And you could assign that toe swtich to turn on say a distrostion affect instead if you wanted. Really flexable setup.

To add one more thing to possibly help explain this better. Notice on the POD it has Exp-1 and Exp-2 light that changes when press the toe switch(without the second pedal connected). When you connect a second expression pedal, both of them are lite. So the second pedal just becomes Exp-2 (or Exp-1 I never rememeber which one it is!).

He wants to lower the volume as it pressed down.

I have never tried it and I am not at home.

I am sure you just make the heel position 100% and the toe 50% or less baring in mind the wider the range of volume  the more sensitive to change the pedal becomes.