Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I keep hitting the clipping ceiling in my chain.

clay-man

It seems like some effects really don't take any slight gain than quiet very well. A lot of the EQs don't like having volume put into them. It's like there's no real headroom with a lot of stuff or else clipping will occur.

It's obvious that the main output stage is capable of having a higher output than this but it's just not cutting it with the FX.

Is there anyway I can set up a chain to be loud without clipping? I've ran into problems where the output is seriously low, which isn't very good for recording.

For live it's not good because the max volume is seriously underwhelming which isn't good. Sure I could feed it into the front of my amp, but do I really want the preamp stage of my amp to mess with the tone of my POD? It sounds so much better through the power amp input on the back, but that makes the master knob on my POD the volume control.

Like I said, any tips on dealing with this?

The reason why I don't always end up having the mixer in the end is because I like to set up certain things in certain ways.

I do have 1 question though. If I set 1 channel to be dead center, would the stereo effects on that channel still be stereo, or mono?

Honestly Line 6 needs an end chain output block. So far I'm hearing that the POD has great tone, but the features seem to have dipped slightly from the XT to the HD series. Still love my HD though, it's just frustrating when I run into things like this.

if by "1 channel" you mean a chain in path A (or B ) in this case the Pan behaves like a balance control (and not as a true Pan) therefore to get both the Left and Right sides of the stereo signal the control must be centered

Good so it's basically a pan limiter and not an actual panner. That means I can still get, say, stereo delay if I had a ping pong on channel A and Channel A was panned center, yes?

The reason I'm asking is maybe I can just place my post amp effects on Path A and make that center pan to make the mixer the last block, you know what I'm saying?

confirmed!..

path A is stereo and with the mixer block Pan/balance A control you decide how much you want hear the Left and Right sides of its stereo signal passing through it, set in the center you get both sides with the same level and separate

Thanks!