Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500x cd/mp3 input issues on L2m

Hello all,

I recently bought the StageSource L2m, and loving all the neat things I can do with it through my Pod HD500X. However, I came across a problem the other day that I have been trying to fix and researching relentlessly. When I connect my iPod via CD/MP3 input > POD > L2m via L6 Link, I get no signal coming from my L2m (just guitar signal when plugged in). I've updated my POD, rummaged through settings, tried turning the L2m from Mono to Stereo, different aux cables, I also tried plugging in my iPod through the aux 1/4 jack on the POD and nothing. The only thing that worked is when I plugged my POD via regular line in. The whole reason I really wanted the StageSource was to be able to utilise the L6 Link capabilities with my POD and it is a bit frustrating that I am unable to with a simple connected. Am I doing anything wrong? Is there a reason there is no signal? Also I know I could connect my iPod directly into the L2m via L/R input but I've done everything through my POD since day one. Any suggestions?

The cd/mp3 input on the POD HD device is routed directly from the input to the POD HD outputs in analog format. It is never converted to digital format within the POD HD and hence is not available to be sent over the digital L6 LINK connection.

However, you should be able to use the POD HD Aux input for your iPOD to get it to the L2m via L6 LINK. There must be a problem with your preset (probably an Input setting) if this is not working for you. In order to get this signal to your L2m while simultaneously sending your guitar signal, you will need to use a dual path preset in your POD HD, and keep the paths separate. Do not use any processing (no amp or FX) on the path that uses the Aux (iPOD) input.

Unless there's a good reason not to (other than the fact that you've not done it before) I suggest you connect your iPOD to the L/R inputs on the L2m that works as you have described.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply!

That makes sense about the CD/MP3 Input. Just making sure I wasn't crazy. As for the AUX input, I still didn't get any signal but I shall double check my settings. Would you mind giving me a quick run down as to how to set up a dual path preset, or if there is a video/another forum about it? I want to make sure I'm doing it right, because I don't just use my iPod for those things. But if all fails, I figured I would just use the L/R in the L2m  :) Just found it odd that there was no signal and I assume that using the L/R on the L2m would sound better in the end than through my POD.

Thanks again for the help!

Here is a dual path preset that I made some time ago. I use it to record the wet and dry signal together, but it will serve your purpose. Assign the Aux input (your iPOD) to the dry path and use the wet path for your guitar. In this setup, Path A (the upper path in the signal chain) is assigned to Input 1 and Path B to Input 2.

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/217206/

if you're trying to get a stereo in...

just ignore all the input mess and add an effects loop to an empty (or populated as you please) tone...

and go into the effects return... it is TRS stereo.

Question - is the HD500/HD500X's "Aux Input" TRS Stereo or simply Mono?