Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question for connecting Pocket POD

Hi Guys

I have read from manual but would also appreciate to hear your comments regarding the most correct adjusting way of connnecting Pocket POD to my recording set up.

I have a head amp ( Hughes Kettner Tube Meister 18) which is connected to a mixer and than goes to sound card from mixer output.

I am planning to connect my guitar to Pocket POD as like a stomp box and than out to head amp.

I do not intend to use to amp modelling of POD but maybe cabinet simulater might be attractive.

What should be the best set up on POD (D or C) which mentioned in Cabinet Tuning Mode page 7 in manual. Or it should be something else ?

I already have a tube amp so do not want to add a tube amp simulation once more and have a muddy sound

Appreciate to hear your help and suggestions.

Best Regards

• 1 month later...

I am confused on what you want to use the POD for. 

It doesnt have stomps, so putting it in front of an amp wont accomplish anything good. 

You dont want to model amps, which is pretty much all the Pocket Pod does. 

You can run cabs and post FX, but you'd want to do that after the amp. (whether "the amp" is real or modelled) I dont think there is an appropriate way to connect a Pocket POD as a post-amp FX device. I spose you could just take the preamp out or whatever you are currently using to the mixer and go amp->pod-> mixer instead. 

TO me, it seems like you have two separate solutions that each work fine by themselves, and you are tying to make them work together, for some reason that isnt immediately clear. 

You could just go guitar-> pod-> mixer, using the full capabilities of the POD. 

You could just go AMp-> mixer-> IR loader for cabs on the DAW, and not use the POD at all. 

Both will accomplish the same thing.... putting them together will make everything more complex and not add any functionality. That I can see anyway. Perhaps if you clear up exactly what it is you want to do.....