These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD edit on iPad??
by jonhollis on 2013-03-11 15:44:58

Any plans to release HD POD edit as an app for the iPad. Would make perfect sense. why use a laptop to store and edit your HD settings. it would be much easier to take an iPad to a gig. there is already an lightning to usb connector.

anyway from line 6 have any comments on whether this might be available in the future?

Re: POD HD edit on iPad??
by TheRealZap on 2013-03-11 16:07:10

no.

by jimsreynolds on 2013-03-13 01:40:07

To translate from the original Zap-ese ...

No, Line 6 have not made any announcements (and generally do not until the day a product is released).

A few people have suggested that an HD Edit App (for iOS and/or Android) would be useful in the last few years but nothing has appeared and the odds do not seem good.  Perhaps there just isn't seen to be enough demand for an app like that.

by GTLazer on 2013-03-14 06:21:58

Are you taking your laptop to gigs currently? If so, why?

Surely the whole point of the Pod is that it already stores all your settings so all you need to take to a gig is the gig-ready Pod.

I wouldn't take my laptop/iPad anywhere near a gig environment.

by gunpointmetal on 2013-03-14 09:49:42

I carry mine with me so I have all my patches backed up...if there's some sort of surge/electrical issue during a soundcheck/set-up that could, if even remotely possible, that could "Factory Reset" my POD, I don't want to have to try and build a bank of useable patches on the spot, I'll just pull out my laptop, load up HD-Edit, drop my bundle onto the device, recalibrate my EXP pedal, and get back to it!

by loonsailor on 2013-04-18 12:36:36

I used to take my laptop to gigs, but at the time used amplitube, not the HD500.  The reason I switched is that the laptop fell off stage.  Bummer!  Never again.

However, I would love to take an ipad to rehearsals to tweak sounds. It would be way more convenient than a laptop.

I might even bring it to a gig as a backup, though I would hope to never use it, and just leave it buried in a case somewhere.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.