These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Toneport UX2 - Windows 7 64bit - Blue Screen/Random crashes/No Sound
by spacehamster on 2013-03-13 12:12:12

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to do a post (my first) giving some possible tips for people having issues with their UX2 not working - at least for Windows 7 64bit. I recently built a new system and on a fresh install of the OS I was getting random blue screen's when running POD farm, no sound from the unit randomly, crashes and so forth. Uninstalling the device, drivers, license all that mumbo-jumbo did nothing. I have the most recent drivers and BIOS for my system. What I found out, and don't ask me why, it's flaky and crashes when hooked to the USB3 ports of my motherboard (Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus... or something like that). When hooked to the legacy USB2 ports it seems to be working fine. Granted this may be no fault of the device, but I wis Line 6 didn't make these products so wrapped in licensing and garbage that they're so tempermental. I have had similar and unresolved issues with a friends UX1. Shame.

Anyway, hope it helps someone!

Re: Toneport UX2 - Windows 7 64bit - Blue Screen/Random crashes/No Sound
by Triryche on 2013-03-14 07:01:51

That is a good tip.

And in the troubleshooting guide Line6 does say to try all USB ports.

But I don't think the flakeness with USB is a licensses thing, prolly more of a hardware/driver issue.

(personally I wouldn't want to waste a USB 3 port on a UX2)

I have an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO and my UX2 works fine in a USB 3 port, I tested it for ~ 2 weeks without a glitch, must be a different chipset or something.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.