These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

WiFi dongle...
by kmachman on 2013-03-13 12:13:03

Does anyone knwo if the Samsung WIS12ABGNX will work?  Thats all that bestbuy here seems to have thats close...

The specs call for WIS10ABNX...

Re: WiFi dongle...
by kmachman on 2013-03-16 14:36:20

I bought it and YES it does work....

by litesnsirens on 2013-03-20 22:00:43

I just bought the same one because as you said Best Buy didn't have the 10.  This is my first time trying to set it up and I can do it if I use my existing wi-fi network but if I try to use "standalone" like I will have to when I go to play out live, my ipad just keeps searching and never finds my M20d.  Have you gotten this to work in standalone mode?

by kmachman on 2013-03-21 06:14:23

Yes I did. After playing with it for a bit. I think I had to leave the app and then go back into it and then it found it. Or leave the wifi setup on the m20d. One or the other. That seemed to just do that for the initial hookup. Now every time it finds it no problem.

by litesnsirens on 2013-03-21 09:44:35

I'm still having trouble with this.  On your iPad, when you choose to connect to the network created by the M20d, do you see the wi-fi connectivity bars right beside the word "iPad" in the upper left corner of the iPad screen?  If I connect to the home internet wifi I get bars if I connect to the M20d, I get nothing up there.  And the app just searches and searches.

by kmachman on 2013-03-21 09:46:24

When i get home tonight i will try hooking up stand alone again and see what exactly i do and what it looks like.  Right now i am hooked up through my home wifi network as i still want internet access to my ipad while i am using the stagescape.

I will let you know.

by litesnsirens on 2013-03-21 11:39:34

Ya it's no problem over the internet wifi connection.  I'm just thinking when I go out to a gig, and have to just use the samsung on it's own in the M20d>

Thanks so much for checking this out, it's much appreciated.

by kmachman on 2013-03-21 16:27:57

Well I tried it out again. It seemed to work flawlessly. I chose stand alone in the wifi setting of the m20. Then chose a channel (not that I am sure that would matter. )  You could try renaming the m20?  Wait for the status that is written in the top middle on the wifi screen for M20 to say "wi-fi active".

Then on my iPad 2 I  went to wifi and the m20 network was there. I just had to click on it and it joined.

I think it went a lot easier this time as it didn't ask me for any pin codes like the first time I set it up. It must have recognized me.

I don't know what else to say. It seems to work very well for me.

Good luck.

by litesnsirens on 2013-03-21 19:13:47

Thanks for all your trouble, after it not working all morning, I tried again this evening when I went home for dinner, and it worked.  I was doing nothing different.  Once I got it to work I was able to get it to work over and over.  I should mention that prior to starting this thread, it did work once, then it wouldn't work anymore.  I'm hoping it will work consistently now.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.